Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you guys know of a way to trace actual milage of a vehicle?
Here's what I'm after:

The more I work on my 79, the more I am convinced that it only has 90K orgional miles. There just seems to be evidence that either the orgional owner or someone in the chain of ownership must have taken exceptional care of this truck. According to the owner I purchased the truck from, he owned it for 10 years and didn't put 600 miles on it. It just sat in his garage and he maybe drove it around one day a month.

I bought it in 2006 in Indiana. Paid cash so I have a clear title. In Indiana if a vehicle is more than 10 years old, under mileage on the new title it is classified as exempt rather than putting the mileage, regardless of what the actual mileage may be (according to the lady at the DMV).

I have since titled it in Tennessee and most recently in Missouri. Because it had mileage exempt on the Indiana title, the exemption has followed from state to state.

I guess the bigger question is, in the restoration process is it really that big of a deal since it is not a muscle car or something of that nature. Again keeping in mind that I'm doing a restoration on this truck to drive. It will be a pavement queen and not a trail rig.

Thoughts, suggestions and or discussion of the FSB board are welcome

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
Do you guys know of a way to trace actual milage of a vehicle?
Here's what I'm after:

The more I work on my 79, the more I am convinced that it only has 90K orgional miles. There just seems to be evidence that either the orgional owner or someone in the chain of ownership must have taken exceptional care of this truck. According to the owner I purchased the truck from, he owned it for 10 years and didn't put 600 miles on it. It just sat in his garage and he maybe drove it around one day a month.

I bought it in 2006 in Indiana. Paid cash so I have a clear title. In Indiana if a vehicle is more than 10 years old, under mileage on the new title it is classified as exempt rather than putting the mileage, regardless of what the actual mileage may be (according to the lady at the DMV).

I have since titled it in Tennessee and most recently in Missouri. Because it had mileage exempt on the Indiana title, the exemption has followed from state to state.

I guess the bigger question is, in the restoration process is it really that big of a deal since it is not a muscle car or something of that nature. Again keeping in mind that I'm doing a restoration on this truck to drive. It will be a pavement queen and not a trail rig.

Thoughts, suggestions and or discussion of the FSB board are welcome
The only way you could get an idea is to talk with the state to get a copy of all titles that the Bronco had on it prior. You might be able to tell that way what the mileage was before you got it.

No, when you do a full restoration mileage doesn't mean anything provided it is done right, at least to me it doesn't.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ok Thanks Ranger. BTW would you mind relocating my above post. I thought I was posting a new thread and didn't realize I was still in someone's thread. My apologies to the OP for the hijack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts