Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Formerly vt89gtvert
2,425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any experience with Tivo. From what I have heard it is like having a regualr DVR times 100 or so:twotu:. Any one agree with this????

I searched Ebay for the box, and there were some threads with "If you win the auction I will E-mail you the link for a free box" but nothing I am going to put money towards. Anyone else know how to avoid the $100 or so initial payment??? It's not a big deal, but wouldn't mind not having to pay it:thumbup.

Thanks guys:drinkbud

·
Registered
8,253 Posts
The only reason for TiVo anymore is if your SAT/Cable provider doesn't have a DVR of their own.

The Dish Network DVR has been rated better then TiVo.

The Motorola Moxi DVR I have from the cable co. is more user friendly then TiVo. My wife couldn't even play a show on the TiVo box.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
Friends of mine didn't like it b/c you had to buy the expensive @$$ box and then pay a monthly fee. I pay an extra $6 each month for the cable companies that works just peachily. Plus they require a phone connection to update, so if you are a poor college student like me who doesn't need a home phone.....

·
Registered
160 Posts
they all do the same thing just ask your provider. About them and most have there own. I had tivo and loved it but it stoped working and now have the one from direct tv and its finetook awile to get used to it.

·
Designated Tranny Killer
6,958 Posts
I love my tivo

·
Registered
1,702 Posts
we have the comcast one and my g/f has the tivo. I like both and mine is cheaper. the only thing i like in the tivo more then the comcast is when you fastforward it tells you whats coming like 5secs ahead of time. That way you dont pass where you want to be and have to rewind.

·
Enjoy my
6,054 Posts
we have the comcast one and my g/f has the tivo. I like both and mine is cheaper. the only thing i like in the tivo more then the comcast is when you fastforward it tells you whats coming like 5secs ahead of time. That way you dont pass where you want to be and have to rewind.
My brighthouse one will find the beginning of the show after the commericals as long as you are with in a few seconds when you stop FF'ing

·
Premium Member
23,549 Posts
my dishnetwork dvr kicks ass. have had it since 2002 and just upgraded to hd this year.
we just upgraded to the HD DVR with 2 tv control. now we can record 2 shows at once. :toothless not to mention it holds like 300 hours of regular programing

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
we just upgraded to the HD DVR with 2 tv control. now we can record 2 shows at once. :toothless not to mention it holds like 300 hours of regular programing
Yeah i got dish network HD DVR with 2 tv control, and then an additional controller for 2 other TV's..work great, and DVR is nice...esp when you can record 2 shows at once, or record to TV 2 and watch on TV 1 :rockon

1 - 15 of 15 Posts