Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

21 - 40 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,700 Posts
That could be cool but I'm not the one to ask about color combos as mine will be purple & white... I'm told i have bad taste 😂
img_1578955494674-1-1.jpg

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Lol, I hear that a LOT 😂 But I converted a few naysayers when they saw how good the interior turned out when I did the monstaliner (that one's called purple people eater 😂
20191012_171734_HDR-1.jpg

It's an homage to the first gen color palette, but mine won't be quite so grape.
BannerMaker_14102019_180129.png

The one I picked is called purple Haze 😏
1561100223901.png

Sry, I like bragging on my truck ☺
But I do love the blues... And the pearls...

·
Registered
192 Posts
Are you in OK? Theres a very similar one in KCMO on CL.

1992 Ford Bronco
I thought he said the one he's looking at was a '90?

There's a good deal not "year/model accurate" on that '92 (if you care about that sorta thing) but it's a good looking truck. I say if the 90 falls through have a look at the 92!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm of the opinion you can't have too many... personally I want an 82 model (since I'm also an 82 model) and it's among my favorite two body styles for Ford trucks.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Gotta love the bullnose... I love my 82, but the bricknose was my first love...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #32 (Edited)
He accepted my offer for $5000 I’m going to go look at it Sunday cash in hand and hopefully I’ll roll away on some new wheels.🤞
If all goes to plan. I’ll have some other questions for you guys. (Mostly having time do with mounting a winch on the front... but I’ll save that for a new thread that I will also post pictures on as I paint and do any other additions or modifications.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Awesome news! Hope it is everything you're looking for. 5k is a good price.

·
Registered
57 Posts
200k on that year is alot from what I've read. I had a 89 for about two seconds and the previous owner had rebuilt it at 100k as well as the engine. From what I understand the last generation engine and transmission last longer. I'm at 180k and both run great.

It looks good, with he lift I assume the suspension is decent, it says steering components are newish, tires are good so that helps alot with initial expense. Look at cooling system leaks, ac/heat, drive shafts. The cosmetics looks great so that helps alot. In AZ a rebuilt if a transmission is about $1,600-2,000. Check out that the shifts are good but I'd prepare for a new/rebuilt transmission. Here, the last generation are wanted more. There are many 87-91 here that go unsold.

These are just experiences I've had. Good luck.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
200k on that year is alot from what I've read. I had a 89 for about two seconds and the previous owner had rebuilt it at 100k as well as the engine. From what I understand the last generation engine and transmission last longer. I'm at 180k and both run great.

It looks good, with he lift I assume the suspension is decent, it says steering components are newish, tires are good so that helps alot with initial expense. Look at cooling system leaks, ac/heat, drive shafts. The cosmetics looks great so that helps alot. In AZ a rebuilt if a transmission is about $1,600-2,000. Check out that the shifts are good but I'd prepare for a new/rebuilt transmission. Here, the last generation are wanted more. There are many 87-91 here that go unsold.

These are just experiences I've had. Good luck.
noted

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,093 Posts
An obvious repaint but i really dig that blue
Lol what gave it away? The not-EB tan, the not-EB blue, or the shiney painted topper? Btw, my 85 was painted 15 years ago and still looks great, topper included.

Tbh, I cant stand how the EB toppers fade to no longer match the lower stripe. Looks like dogdoo to me.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
No go on the bronco☹. The body and interior were in decent shape but the transmission and transfer case were wrecked. And he had taken all the vacuum hoses and vacuum system off so it basically needed everything under the floor replaced. I will keep looking. But may end up having to settle for a not bronco of some sort. Guess we’ll see.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
Ah bummer 🙁 things he should have told u long before u ever came out to look 😡
check out www.autotempest.com it shops all the car sale sites as well as eBay and Craigslist

21 - 40 of 70 Posts