Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

41 - 60 of 182 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
What about that '92?? Hang in there man don't settle. Bronco is the way to go! I've wanted one for years and finally have it.

I have 4 vehicles the newest of which is a 2001 and the oldest a 1991. What I do I drive almost every single day? The '93 Bronco with 192k miles.

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer addition 5.8l manual floor shifter and auto locking hubs
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
Ah bummer 🙁 things he should have told u long before u ever came out to look 😡
check out www.autotempest.com it shops all the car sale sites as well as eBay and Craigslist
i know😡 some things I specifically asked him about that he said was fine(check engine light for one) were not fine so he was just flat out lying... I actually use auto tempest☝

·
Registered
1990 Ford Bronco Eddie Bauer addition 5.8l manual floor shifter and auto locking hubs
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
That sucks man. Keep looking - you’ll find one.
I will definitely keep looking hopefully God will drop a decent one right in front of my face.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
What about that '92?? Hang in there man don't settle. Bronco is the way to go! I've wanted one for years and finally have it.

I have 4 vehicles the newest of which is a 2001 and the oldest a 1991. What I do I drive almost every single day? The '93 Bronco with 192k miles.
That 92 is farther than my dad is willing to drive to or from. Especially after the last two cars we’ve looked at the owners have lied about the condition. I’d drive myself but then who would drive the other car back.

a bronco is definitely what I want but if it comes down to draining the bank for a decent bronco or settling for something else I would end up settling. But for now I’m going to keep looking for a bronco😀

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
What do you all think of this one. It is more money than I am looking to pay. If you guys think it’s worth close to what they are asking. (Granted there’s nothing wrong with it) Then I would consider making payments on it. I have the money to buy it out right but I don’t
want to drain the bank. If I don’t get this one I may end up with a Jeep Cherokee because my dad likes those and they are more available.

·
Registered
67 Posts
That looks like it's in really good shape. Is it original 85k miles or with new engine? Either way it looks great but $14k seems like alot, plus a dealership is going to charge taxes and fees. Keep in mind you'll need full coverage if you have a loan as well. Cherokee's are pretty sweet though. My wife had a 2014 with a 3.7 and that had nice pick up, can't imagine what the v8 is like. But it's still not a Bronco.

I'll sell you mine for $8k. 😁

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,934 Posts
Will be hard fo prove that’s only 85k miles since that model rolls the odometer at 100k. It looks good though. NADA says $8-9K at top end. I might lowball him at 7500 and see if he does anything. Looks like he’s trying to get some money out of aftermarket add-ons.

You could always get a mechanic to looks at it find problems and use that as a bargaining chip if he isn’t coming down enough. Even with the most pristine example, there’s always things needed on a 30+ yr old truck.

My 2¢.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
Will be hard fo prove that’s only 85k miles since that model rolls the odometer at 100k. It looks good though. NADA says $8-9K at top end. I might lowball him at 7500 and see if he does anything. Looks like he’s trying to get some money out of aftermarket add-ons.

You could always get a mechanic to looks at it find problems and use that as a bargaining chip if he isn’t coming down enough. Even with the most pristine example, there’s always things needed on a 30+ yr old truck.

My 2¢.
good point on the odometer I didn’t know they rolled over at 100k. Because it’s at a dealer I doubt they will go down much on price. I’ll just have to keep looking.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
That looks like it's in really good shape. Is it original 85k miles or with new engine? Either way it looks great but $14k seems like alot, plus a dealership is going to charge taxes and fees. Keep in mind you'll need full coverage if you have a loan as well. Cherokee's are pretty sweet though. My wife had a 2014 with a 3.7 and that had nice pick up, can't imagine what the v8 is like. But it's still not a Bronco.

I'll sell you mine for $8k. 😁
if I go the Cherokee route it would be the pre 2001 models. They have a ton of after market support. (I could turn one into one hell of an off-road beast for $15000) but once again it’s not a bronco which is what my heart desires😞. even if I don’t get a bronco this time around I’ll get one eventually even if it has to wait till I move out of my parents house lol.

·
The Tennessee Warden
96 XL, 5.8L, E4OD, BW1356, 4.56 gears
2,934 Posts
good point on the odometer I didn’t know they rolled over at 100k. Because it’s at a dealer I doubt they will go down much on price. I’ll just have to keep looking.
Yeah, 91 and older have mechanical odometers that roll at 100k - 92 and newer have digital odometers that supposedly go up to 399,999 and then roll back to 300,000 instead of rolling over to 400,000 lol.

Best of luck in your search. Where are you located?

·
Registered
78 Custom 351M NP435 NP205 Sniper EFI Hedman Headers Magnaflow Muffler 4.56 Gears Grizzly lockers
1,379 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
Yeah, 91 and older have mechanical odometers that roll at 100k - 92 and newer have digital odometers that supposedly go up to 399,999 and then roll back to 300,000 instead of rolling over to 400,000 lol.

Best of luck in your search. Where are you located?
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

·
Addicted to Junk
85 Bronco, 309ci I6 w/4bbl, np435, 4" lift, 37" Irok NDs, 4.56 w/ Detroit Locker and tru trac
11,518 Posts
I'm in Topeka, KS. I bought mine on ebay, from Wichita, which is about halfway between us. Drove down and bought it and drove it home. It's a great way to learn the truck.

The 92 in KC would be about 5 hours one way for you, and that is quite a drive. Especially with an unknown vehicle. 2 hours is much different than 5, especially when you have AAA with 100 mile tows.

Keep looking, checking Tulsa, Wichita, etc. Even dodge city wouldnt be too far. And out that way, they get less rust than us here in the hills of eastern KS. Its basically desert out there. I see them pop up in Wichita from time to time.

Just realize that no matter how many new parts they say it has, you're still going to be continually replacing something because they are wearing out. Of course a Cherokee would be the same, if not worse since they are not technically trucks. Might be a battery today, and a fan clutch the next month.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Don't settle for a Cherokee, I'm no Jeep hater (I've got a YJ) but Cherokee just aren't the vehicle a Bronco is. Plus this vehicle is for you, not your old man ;). It'll be worth the wait. But let me echo everyone else. It's a minimum 24 year old vehicle. I bought my 93 about 8 months ago for 6k. I've probably got about 9k in it now.

Front end work (pretty much the whole front end), shocks, radius arm bushings, steering box, tires, Radiator, thermostat, AC Clutch, U joints, missing interior trim pieces... the list goes on. I've got a refrigerant leak I'm tackling now. And that's an extra 3k in just parts with me doing all the work. That said, even with 192k miles on mine I daily drive it and take it on trips out of town.

I don't say this to discourage you, quite the opposite. It's very rewarding to find a problem and fix it yourself. However, without buying one of the ridiculous frame off restorations or a restomod truck (that will set you back probably double what that dealer wants for that bricknose) you're still dealing with a lot of parts that are going to wear out on you so take that into account when you buy one. As you said, don't drop your whole bankroll on the purchase price unless you know it's worth it because you might need some of that money to keep her on the road!

Happy hunting and let us know what you find!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
82 XLT Lariat 351w, Edelbrock 1406 4bbl ,C6 auto, auto locking hubs ,33x10.5x15
1,862 Posts
I dunno if I'm really one to speak here but... I live in NWPA and found my rig in Texas. Everything around here is eaten to death thanks to road salt... She was at a dealer... She looked great underneath in the pix (u could tell the po put a lot of work into the underside. Completely redone)... Originally listed at $12,999, i watched it for months and figured it would just disappear like all the others i was watching while waiting for a dog bite case to settle... But she didn't, so i took they as a sign (stupid i know). So we contacted the dealer, he sent us a running video, a walk around and the results of a 36 point checklist (which was bull cause half the things they said worked, didn't)... So the dog bite settled and the truck dropped to $9800 so we figured with the shape and what we've seen of it so far it was a safe bet. We bought it having never seen it in person, had it shipped to PA and then it was off to the mechanics getting the motor tweaked and fixing all the various problems it had that prevented it from passing inspection... So, 22 weeks and $2500 later we had her back. Not perfect (still having a slow start/choke issue) but everything fixed under warranty and despite the little fine tuning it needs she's drivable. Everything else can be picked at in time, like replacing all the door and window gaskets, my windshield and one cap window leaks thanks to the warm cold warm cold bullshit and a crappy windshield install... The interior was a dirty mess but, it's a project in progress... I look at it like an investment... During the 22 weeks at the mechanic a guy offered me 20 grand as it sat... On it's most recent trip to the mechanic after i did a lot of work on the interior another mechanic there offered me 20k (said he'd write me a check right then & there)... One of my boys girlfriends, her father offered my 25k... So honestly i wouldn't worry about blowing most of your wad on the right truck... u can always make your investment back, and you're gonna end up spending the money sooner or later anyway but... The closer we get to the new broncos release the older rigs are just going to get more and more expensive... If u buy one site unseen make sure it's thru a dealer and hopefully can use PayPal, that way you have laws and PayPal security in case u get really beat on the deal but... Most dealers who sell these classics want to protect their reputations and don't misrepresent... Mine just happened to be an asshole... Even with what I've spent on her so far, if i took one of these cats up on their 20k offers id still be making a decent profit... Sometimes u just have to go all in for what u want and throw caution to the wind. Just my 2 cents...

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
👍 I am far from discouraged in my search. It’s all about timing though I will keep looking for a bronco even if it has to wait a while I’ve got several that I’ve contacted people about that I’m waiting for responses for.

·
Registered
226 Posts
@BroncMom I've had several people try to buy mine as well but they never said a price! This might be a more fun addition to that game.

Maybe I'll offer to sell her for 30k. If someone bites, I'll start this process over again!

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
16 Posts
I would suggest that if you want a bronco dont settle for something else. My wife got her 1982 bronco about 1999 ans I got my 1991 bronco about 2004. we still have both rigs. I just ordered a rebuilt steering column for the 91 this week.but I do love these trucks. best wishes in your search.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Have to agree with most of the above said already. From personal experience, you cant go too wrong with either choice (Bronco/Cherokee) . Both hold there value pretty well and patience will be needed until the "right" one comes along for you. I looked for over a year until I found a reasonably priced ( $3k listed price) Bronco that was in very decent condition. Straight body (Ca truck so no rust ;)) and only 96k miles showing. Paint was faded and cloth seats were a bit dirty and drivers side worn, but ran very well. $2400 got the deal done, $1k got it re-upholstered and a Vin check revealed I lucked out and it had actual mileage on her. Be prepared to act quickly once you do find "the one", I had mine in my driveway the same day the ad was listed, because I knew from over a year of looking a stupid asking prices for these trucks I had better be the first guy there with $100 dollar bills to be successful

41 - 60 of 182 Posts