Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

61 - 70 of 70 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
I started my Bronco obsession in 2005. Paid $3,200 for a 1993 XLT with the 351. It was a California truck with no rust and the motor replaced at 130,000 (I bought it with 145,000). Still have it of course. Since it was my first Bronco... I had to get the 6" lift, 35" tires, re gear to 4:56.

After about 4 years I found myself really wanting a standard transmission. Started looking for Donors to make the swap. Then i found the 1996 with a 302 and the standard for $3,500. I have been driving this one everyday since.

I really wish I had a place in the country to start stock piling these. They come up in Atlanta pretty regularly.. and for the most part the 90's are rust free. On FB marketplace this week we have a guy selling two 1994 broncos for 3,000. One runs and one is for parts. They both look decent. As stated earlier Arizona/ New Mexico still has Broncos in almost rust free condition for the 5,000 range.

I would look out there... and troll for a SW member page for a decent member to check it out for you before you buy and ship out east. If you want to try the Atlanta area just let me know and I can check it out for you before you buy. The sad thing about the Georgia area is the early 80's Bronco's are starting to rust away. My next Bronco will be a early 80's with a straight 6 and a manual with the granny low. I will probably have to do the Arizona thing to find one sub $5,000.

I can tell you that there is a world of difference from any other year Bronco compared to the 1996. OBII and mass air flow are very nice. Broncos will need work and OBII makes life easier. If I were you I would only look for 1996 or late model 1995 that had the OBII. If you have experience already with OBI or 1980's Ford then you can dis regard.

·
Registered
2 Posts
In the event that I get this one I will likely leave it electronic at any rate for the time being. Appears to be more intelligent right now to me than changing over it directly off the bat. I will investigate the center points.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
Not sure when but at some point I quite getting notifications when you guys commented🤔. Sorry about no updates in a while.

61 - 70 of 70 Posts