Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First off........ I LOVE MY TRUCK, I've had it for a couple months. :rockon

I bought it with the 3" body lift and I can't decide if I want to keep it or not. So what are the pro's/cons to having it? Thanx in advance!!!

·
Registered
475 Posts
I took a body lift off an S-10 pickup. Broke every body bolt. Had to drill and tap. Not fun. Of course the S-10 spent 6 years in Salt City with it on (Syracuse, NY). Got into a wreck - rearended - that nearly totaled it. Never had an issue with the body lift holding up through that. Had to replace the steering rag joint and some wires rubbed real bad.

Personally, I'd keep it on. Just make sure that the mods that were done to the truck for the body lift are good.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
Your going to get hit hard here by haters and lovers of body lifts. What is it you use your Bronco for?

Why are you questioning if you want it or not?

Fill out your profile information so we know what year, drive-train, and Mods that you are running.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
10/4 Salt Life. I'll get that stuff up here.

I'm debating because the info I have ran across on here leans toward full lift=good body lift = not so good. I love the way it looks personally, and my use for the truck is just a toy. I'm gonna slowly restore it and make her shine, primary use is going to be hunting and trips into town. My DD is company paid and my wife has her Subaru so I got the Bronco for a toy/project/huntin/backup rig.

·
Beach bumming it ........
15,444 Posts
I would keep the Body Lift then. I have yet to see anyone post up pictures where a body lift mount (that was properly maintained) was any point of failure.

I had a 3" BL on my last Bronco and I wheel it over every terrain. Never had any problems. Just keep a check on bushings and body panels where they mounted and you will be good to go. :beer

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool, I was hoping to get these answers! Now I gotta run into town and pickup the Cardone tcase motor I ordered. That should be a simple replacement I would think right?

·
I ♥ TTB
4,274 Posts
I've had a 3" BL on my 89 since I got it, It's seen some really tough days and never given me an issue. I've thought about pulling mine out just because my rig is a bit too high after my SAS but hey, maybe I'll thrown on some 49's one of these days :toothless

I haven't pulled mine because when I build my sliders/bumpers it was there and now they're in the way... Plus I'm afraid of the breakage of bolts and the nightmare to fab it back...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts