Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Soooooo

I can pick up a nice set of BFGoodrich Mud Terrains for about 30 percent off ticketed price thanks to a buddy whos working at a tire store that's going under.

I can pick up either 33's or 35's. The stock gearing is set for the 235's and right now I'm running 31 BFG's.

I got no issues with clearance because my truck's already lifted.

Should I regear it to a better ratio or can I say screw it?

And what's the worst that could happen?

:toothless

·
Premium Member
299 Posts
You will lose power, speedometer will be off, wear out the engine and drivetrain parts faster. IMO.
Plenty of links concerning all this if searched for.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I've got the same question. I recently had to buy new tires and got a good deal on some BFG AT/ T/A KO 33x12.50. I had to install a lift so the front tires would not rub while turning. I had a 3" body lift I picked up a while back and installed it. Now I'm left with the question of regearing. I'm running the OEM 3.54 setup and looking to go with a 4.10. I haven't got to far along in my rig build so basically everything is still stock.
How do I recalibrate the speedo for the bigger tires?
On the powerhouse end I'm looking at putting on a set of shorties and Edelbrock Performer Heads.

·
JEEP CREEP
2,503 Posts
I'm running 35s with 4.56 gears and I love it. Huge differencethen when it had 35s and stock gears. I can still cruise 70 on the freeway at about 2000 rpms. I would say definatly re gear it. My rig goes so many more places now that I did the gears.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts