1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so I got alot done today

first of all, i got my front valance taken off
got all of the little black thingies that hold the hard top bolts out
2nd i used part of it to make a new radiator mat (old one wasnt there)
3rd a dent guy came and popped all the dents out of my bko (minus the top)

she also got a good wash and i was able to call around town for parts that i'm about to order

also, i got the tire rack and all the parts from it taken off for when i send her to the body shop next week

(i'm getting the tire rack taken off and the holes filled, my old soft top holes filled, my bumper straightened and realigned, and some paint work done, its also getting a complete wet-sanding and when we get it back Im gonna polish it and wax it with a buffer and all)

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
spaustin889 said:
so I got alot done today

first of all, i got my front valance taken off
got all of the little black thingies that hold the hard top bolts out
2nd i used part of it to make a new radiator mat (old one wasnt there)
3rd a dent guy came and popped all the dents out of my bko (minus the top)

she also got a good wash and i was able to call around town for parts that i'm about to order

also, i got the tire rack and all the parts from it taken off for when i send her to the body shop next week

(i'm getting the tire rack taken off and the holes filled, my old soft top holes filled, my bumper straightened and realigned, and some paint work done, its also getting a complete wet-sanding and when we get it back Im gonna polish it and wax it with a buffer and all)
Take some pics as you do the work on your Bronco. Even the 1-shot cameras can be downloaded to a CD and onto the web. It sounds like fun, and brings back a few memories on my 84 Bronco. Take alot of time and mark or bag the bolts you remove so you don't lose them. The hardtop clips and fine-thread bolts are a dealer-only item, and are obsolete at most locales. I coated my spare tire rack with Dupli-Color spray-on bedliner after prepping the surface rust and sanding+priming. Decided to finally remove that and mount the oversized spare to the floor, mostly for theft prevention.

My advice is just to go over the whole rig and inspect everything, from the wiring to bushings to anything leaking. Mechanicals are priority one, body #2, and interior or cosmetics #3. JSM84

·
ladies enjoy his
4,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
yeah, i;ve had it for about 4 montsh and am just now starting to do stuff to it

right now im getting all the cosmetics (aside from the tailgate, everythign works fine)

after that the new lift/tires/lights/STC top/other stuff

i did take pictures, and i have a toolbox that has all my spare parts

i'm selling the tailgate and the spare tire cover if any1 wants them

·
Rest in Peace Friend...
3,220 Posts
Many Broncos suffer from neglect, even those with perfect maintenance records. Rubber bushings in the suspension and body mounts, small leaks or low fluid levels in the drivetrain, and front suspension/steering issues are the most common. Before spending the $$$ on any mods, check out everything with extra care. You may find a part that needs replacing, before you get stranded out on the trail, It sounds like you have a solid rig, but it never hurts to check EVERYTHING out!!! JSM84

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.