Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a little premature but I CANT HELP IT! Firstly my beautiful Bronco is still stranded in california and very alone which I feel horrible for.

So next week I am going to purchase this girl who is in need of some proper Bronco love for a good $1800.

I ordered a set of Reelfoot Grasslands stencils just now, which will be going on first thing!

Here is a example from the site:

I also have some 15x10 Mickey Thompsons and 33X12.5 Procomps lined up for the following week.

Mid next month hopefully I will be picking up the replacement headliner from JBG that has the 4 build in speakers, CB radio slot, and I will be adding a switch panel to the driver side panel area of it for my three giant HIDs. If you have seen the headliner you know the panel area im talking about. Wish me luck!

·
Registered
242 Posts
Yeah I made it fit although I've never seen a newer bronco with one. Mainly just 78-79s. Should be sweet. Just make sure you don't have a big ass cb otherwise it'll sag or rip that little compartment down.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You should do flat black with olive drab grass and top.
Your saying make the "Bark" black? I would like to do something unique. So far I had just planned to paint the top with the pattern too, not sure what would look better though. The instructions recommend after prepping the vehicle to:

1. Flat black random shadows
2. Flat dark brown bark pattern
3. khaki grass pattern.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My buddy and I took a 2 hour to drive to wallyworld and Lowes to pick up the stuff for painting, we live in the middle of no where Idaho. My phone died so I didnt get to take many pictures before it got dark but tomorrow we should finish up so I'll take a bunch then.

TODAY: We sanded down the paint best we could by hand, removed trim, badges, hood, mirrors, and tail lights, I only bought 2 cans of primer (dumb me) so we could only prime about half the truck.

TOMORROW: Finish priming, sand that, paint camo, plasti dip grill and bronco badges, maybe wheels too.

Sanded down a little:

·
Age. Fac ut gaudeam
3,875 Posts
The headliner for trucks are two short if I recall correctly. Why is your first Bronco stranded??

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The headliner for trucks are two short if I recall correctly. Why is your first Bronco stranded??
Yeah you just have to trim it to fit, no big deal. I had some engine problems I couldn't figure out in time so I left it with some family in california. Once I get that one up here I want to do a frame off restoration and put on Bronco Air's bolt on SAS.

Cool. I can't wait to watch your camo project!!
Your headliner one too if it will fit.

Thanks. Charge your battery bro!!
Hopefully you can see it done tonight!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Update:

Spent a couple hours wire wheeling the body, still have to do half the hood. And painted most of the base coat. The roof and topper still need to be painting. It started raining so we had to stop but I tested stencil on one spot.

·
Premium Member
491 Posts
I need to see this headliner thing. ive been wanting one for mine. I never got one because I thought it was only for pickups. any write up or pics yet?

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
UPDATE: We finally finished today! I still have to paint the top of the topper next week when the paint store gets in more green and plasti-dip a few parts but for the most part its all done. Parker took special interest in the hood and did all that himself, it looks good.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts