Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm about to bring home another one. My buddy has a 2006 Yamaha450 Kodiak. He's been wanting my little old Kubota Tractor that I've had for sale for a while. I've had nothing but lowball hits on the tractor, and it needs a little help too, but I figure the ATV will be easier to sell (that's my justification to the wife anyway, lol.)

The Kodiak has 3600 miles on it- motor has been rebuilt, but needs ball joints, bearings, tie rods, etc... It'll probably need $500 to be right. But I could probably fix it, play with it a while, and get more outta it than the tractor. I'll buy the parts and he'll help me fix it.

Long term, I'm thinking to consolidate the toys, fix them up, sell off some and get a new toy. On the chopping block-
- 85 Honda Odyssey dunebuggy needs a bore and piston for $250 or so...
- 05 Honda 400EX that's been awesome, has no issues, hate to think of selling, but...
- the kids 50cc atv, does ok
- 06 Kodiak...

I could fix the Kodiak and Ody, sell them and maybe the 400ex, and get one nice reliable toy that I could enjoy with the kids. On the table is the Kodiak, Odyssey, and 400EX and the kids 50. All in good shape I'm thinking I could probably fetch $7-8k or so.

If you have a wife, you may understand that the "toy fund" is limited to the toys on hand, plus a little, lol. I just got the tranny rebuilt in the Bronco, and just put my 72 bug in the shop for a little work too, my other money pit.

Ideas?

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Here ya go. It's fun when it runs...

[/IMG]

I bought it 3-4 years ago running, blew it up, rebuilt it, blew it up again. My plan is to fix it once more and sell it.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just brought it home. It's a cool ride, just needs a little TLC. No smoke or leaks.

[/IMG]

·
Registered
674 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No idea guys, really?

Com'n- I'm thinking something like the Odyssey with 2 seats so I can take one of the kids along for the ride. I'd like a Rzr if Honda made one. Not interested in a Rhino or Big Red though. Needs to be smaller so it'll fit down the same trails through the woods.

·
Premium Member
529 Posts
I highly recommend the rzr's when I went to the Hatfield Mccoy trailfest in 08 I saw a lot of them. They have a huge after market and are extremely fun. You will not be disappointed in it. I will probably be looking at trading my LTZ400 in on one in a few years when my boy is old enough.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts