Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, i drove to Up-State NY yesterday(Sat) with Brad to keep me awake to pick up my buggy Chasis. We elft around 6:45am with partly cloudy weather, picked up my friend Andrews brand new F-350 than headed up to NY. About 2 hours into the drive it started snowing and sticking right away and just kept getting worse and worse the more up north we went. For the last 2 hours of the trip we were driving threw a good 6-7"s of snow in a nice 6000LB truck which was a blast but was real slow gowing, we arrived to pick up the buggy which was frozen into the ground around 3. Than headed back in a total whiteout where wind gusts combined with snow made a 3 lane highway go down to one riddled with rolled over cars and cars in snowbanks. We saw about 500 snowmobiles trhewout the day which was pretty awesome.Took us about 12 hours to cover 600 miles I drove. We rolled in back to Uconn around 12:30pm. But at least the buggy is now in our hands! Heres some pictures and Videos of the snow. Thanks again Andrew for letting Me take your truck, really appreciate it.

main highway

big snow drifts!

Some people are just retarded and should not drive in the snow...let alone the road!

And two videos of the white outs, right click and save as...
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/295260//MVI_1822.AVI
http://www.supermotors.org/getfile/295261//MVI_1823.AVI

Air

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
what kinda buggy you building? looks liek a chassis for one of those crazy hillclimbers the guys on the east cost have...basically a VW sand rail with tractor style rear tires, usually with huge studs stickin outta em to gain traction, and all they are really used for is hillclimbin

nice truck you got to borrow btw

wes

·
Registered
755 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the truck i borrowed was beautiful, i miss it already lol. We will be using that truck to tow mine alot this summer.

As for the frame, were finishing my ranger first, than building that as a budget buggy. Something hard to break that we can just punish in the trails since the ranger isnt a wheeler anymore. We want to keep it quick so its fun in the dirt but also be able to go up rocks. It was an old dirt track car that were going to change into a buggy. Were thinking since its so light, 4 banger with tranny and tcase...fuel cell, dana 44's. 3 link rear etc. We will see what happens, were starting to look around and see what parts we can get our hands on.

Air

·
Back in TEXAS
1,967 Posts
Nice frame. At least you weren't pullin a trailer in that chit. Cool pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts