Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
scrounger extrordinaire
4,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well i just took off the drums and the backing plates when i put on the rear disc brake kit. i used a 2 9/16" 6 point rounded corner socket, in case you ever have to do this. ok, now the book says there is a washer with tabs that fold over, and have to be bent back. ok i was ready for that. then i get in there and the outer retainer had a nylon outer edge with a little clip that slid in the groove in the spindle. popped it out and backed out 1 bearing retainer. oh well, that side was easy. new seals, and reassemble with discs, torque the nuts and new lock nuts. on to the passengers side. it had the flat washer with tabs that you bend to lock the nut. bend the tabs, take out the nut and theres another. take that out and the bearing and hub slide free. ok. whats up with the two different styles of retainer? i like the little slide in deal over the bend down things, but i think there should be 2 nuts per side with the outer having the nylon insert. plus a washer with a nipple deal to fit in th spindle groove between the two nuts. anybody tear down their rear D60 and find anything different?

·
TTB Hater of course
3,100 Posts
axaviere said:
anybody tear down their rear D60 and find anything different?
You didn't find any broken shafts? Now that is different :goodfinge

1 - 2 of 2 Posts