Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a smokin deal on this Jeep from a friend. It's an '83 CJ-5 w/ a 304 and an automatic. Right now it's got two thrown rods, but I've got everything to fix it minus the crank and bearings. It's already got a 4" rancho lift and a roll cage.:rockon I used to have a '78 CJ-5 w/ a 258, always wanted another.
I'm gonna be eating roman noodles for the next few weeks though, oh well.

·
Roller rockers are gay
19,197 Posts
do you have any idea how much i hate you!!!!!?!?!????!?!!??!?!?!?!?

good lookin' jeep man. not a damn thing wrong with ramen noodles.

you going to put an FSB sticker on the jeep? :rofl:

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
PowerB said:
Very nice, any other additional mods/ plans??
I just want it to tool around in, not really wanting to put much money into it.
This is gonna be a low dough repair, not rebuilding the engine. The motor is already out of it and on a stand, just need to find a 304 crank and buy a few little things. The crank is like 150 bucks at work, it's gonna have to wait.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
What carb are you going to run? I could make some suggestions on what's worked for me, if you're not governed by emissions. You gonna change the exhaust at all?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm using a motorcraft 2v w/ electric choke, it was already on it. It's got longtubes on it and glasspacks. We have zero smog laws I know of, we don't even have inspection stickers.

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sphinx said:
how much bitch
Well thats not very nice:goodfinge
Give me a call, lot going on these days..........:thumbup

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
STUPID said:
I'm using a motorcraft 2v w/ electric choke, it was already on it. It's got longtubes on it and glasspacks. We have zero smog laws I know of, we don't even have inspection stickers.
Given any thought to an edelbrock intake and a 4barrel? I know you are planning on a low budget rebuild, but you've got yourself a pretty strong little engine there with a few inexpensive upgrades. Does it still have the smog equipment on it?

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oldyeller said:
Given any thought to an edelbrock intake and a 4barrel? I know you are planning on a low budget rebuild, but you've got yourself a pretty strong little engine there with a few inexpensive upgrades. Does it still have the smog equipment on it?
No smog stuff. Maybe a 4v someday, but the 2v 304 in a CJ-5 should do okay for now.

·
ASSSSS-HOOOOOLE
2,442 Posts
STUPID said:
No smog stuff. Maybe a 4v someday, but the 2v 304 in a CJ-5 should do okay for now.
Werks fer me. I really get into the 304's, just got done with a 2 year rebuild on my CJ5. PM me if you hit any snags, i know em top to bottom.

Yeller

·
Registered
3,227 Posts
So how much did ya pay fer it? Or are ya scared to say? :goodfinge

·
Registered
1,403 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Oldyeller said:
Werks fer me. I really get into the 304's, just got done with a 2 year rebuild on my CJ5. PM me if you hit any snags, i know em top to bottom.

Yeller
Do you have a extra crankshaft or oil pan by chance?
I need a link or instructions on how to do the "oil pressure trick". I used to have a Javelin when I was 15 and remember something about that.
adrianspeeder said:
Wow!

How tough are the automatics in these?

Adrianspeeder
I'm not sure if it's a 727, 904, or even a TH400, '83s weren't even available w/ V8's, and this was a factory stick Jeep. It'll be a mall crawler anywho :thumbup
badass1tonf100 said:
it would make a nice rti ramp :goodfinge
:toothless

1 - 20 of 27 Posts