Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a bunch of work planned out for this summer, so I decided to upgrade to some air tools. Any advise on compressor brand/size?

Its just for personal use in my home garage.

Thanks,
NJB

·
Engineer
13,165 Posts
Get an oiled compressor for sure. A two stage will fill faster but isnt necessary for small jobs.

·
green ones make me horny
11,155 Posts
Also this is the wrong forum, there is one specifically for tools and stuff

·
FSB warrior
6,117 Posts
Most oileds are like 600+, at least the ones I saw, whereas the 5 horse 30 gallon one will run one of every tool craftsman makes and is 299.00 and comes with hose, fittings, and 3 air tools. Im gonna get it someday.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
Unless you're planning paint and body work, you don't need a big upright compressor. Campbell Hausfeld makes a great portable compressor for home use. It has a belt driven oiled compressor and a 35 gallon tank. It's a little slow, but it'll run most power tools with no problem. FWIW, Harbor Freight carries a few CH compressors at a good price.

As suggested, stay away from oilless compressors. They'll make you go deaf and they have short life spans. A good oilled compressor will last you the rest of your life with minimal care. The oiled compressors are only slightly more expensive than the oilless in the same sizes.

·
Registered
5,024 Posts
I got a 22 gallon electric compressor from Lowes for HannaKwanzaMas....oil less...will let you know how it does.....

·
Registered
4,923 Posts
I have a 30 gallon Husky...got it for 300 with a full assortment of air tools at home depot.

·
Support our troops!
153 Posts
You might check out used compressors. http://www.craigslist.com look for your city on the right side (or closest city) and look for the "for sale" "tools" section.

dc

1 - 8 of 8 Posts