Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Top chrome cleanup tip

486 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  El Kabong 
#1 ·
Not sure where to post this but it’s too good to not share. I have been using fast orange hand cleaner as a rust remover for years now and I’m surprised more aren’t aware of just how good it is. I have had one 6 dollar quart pump bottle that has cleaned up lots of rusty chrome. No need to bother with high dollar pastes that work your arm to death. Here is a before and after with about 30 seconds and one pump of cleaner.

Before

And after

Now it’s not perfect, but it’s way better, if the chrome is completely gone you’re not getting it back, but I’d you have a set of chrome wheels or your bumper has started to look similar, get a blue shop towel, soak it with water, give it a quick squeeze then a couple pumps of Fast orange and see how it works for you. It does not scratch chrome, I have used it on harleys too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

See less See more
#4 ·
Oh yeah, it sure is. Back in 2015 I stole this 2012 street glide from a guy, to his own error he showed me pictures when it was new and the price we agreed on prior to me seeing it changed when the product didn’t fit the description. When I got there it looked like it was kept outside and rode down gravel roads every day. Every bit of the chrome had rust speckles all over it and I had just driven 3 hours one way. So I shot him a much much lower offer in the spot and he took it.

Got home and put the fast orange on it and it came out like this…

Wish I had a before picture it looked rough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5 ·
Not sure where to post this
You might also want to add it to the Tips & Tricks thread:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.