Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Still waiting for Ford Motorsports to find me a replacement piston for the bad #8 but in the meantime I've been going thru all of the stuff I had to yank off to get to the piston. Have cleaned and labeled and bagged each individual part so everything will be organized and ready to go when the piston coms in. Anyways these are the goodies on my To Order list;

1). Head gasket, port side.

2). Lower intake manifold x block gasket.

3). Lower intake mani x upper mani gasket.

4). EGR x intake mani gasket.

5). Throttle body x intake mani gasket.

6). New O-rings at two rear fuel rail lines at firewall.

7). Lower intake mani to both right and left cylinder head gaskets.

8). New PVC valve, hose and fitting to re-route it.

9). 8 new Ford 19# injectors and 32 (?) O-rings.

10). Oil pan gasket. (one piece?).

11). New headers. Not sure what type yet...will have to spend six days in those threads that are scattered around here.

12). New drivers side s-shaped sheet metal heat shield @ exhaust manifold.

So far, so good? Btw, I just removed the fuel pressure regulator from the fuel rail. Have no clue how old it is but it seems to work fine at the moment. But I'm wondering if I should just replace it while 'I'm there'. The current one is a Bosch #EOSE-9C968-AC, made in Germany. Think I ought to just keep it and deal with it later?

Anywho, please let me know if there's anything else I should add to the list.....

Thanx,

Rick

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,689 Posts
The new fuel injectors should come with O-rings already mounted on them. Definitely go for the one-piece oil pan gasket; don't be shy about getting a new oil pan if the end lips are bent or if it's rusted. You'll need piston rings for the new piston, so make sure Ford Racing includes them with the new piston. As far as the fuel pressure regulator...meh, if you can swing the cash, I would.

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A
4,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dude, why so many new threads? Hard to follow your progress.
Well i could probably figure out how to string them all together in a 500 page novel, but.............I was kinda hoping that each segment/stage may make it easier for the new guys doing searches.

Your call, doesn't matter to me but will take your advice........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.