Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not giving an opinion on how it will compare to the BBC version, just posting some info I came across.

It was originally going to be on NBC but they dropped it. Now it looks like The History Channel will be picking it up.

More Info Here

·
Registered
6,177 Posts
"it would be impossible to recreate or live up to the standards of the British show."

Got that right, Jay.

·
Registered
670 Posts
wtf, originally Adam Carolla was going to be on the show, now hes not?

so no Jay Leno, and now Adam Carolla is out too..... as much as i would love to see it take off i have a feeling this show wont do well

·
Registered
507 Posts
i will gladly give my opinion and say that it won't even come close to those crazy brits! love the bbc and topgear but am glad to see us finally catching on..

·
Registered
146 Posts
It would be really hard to match the chemistry of the original.... I can't see me watching Top Gear without Jeremy Clarkson...

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
James May, Jeremy Clarkson, and Richard Hammond make the show what it is. Their chemistry is "bloody brilliant!" The American version doesn't stand a chance, and just like Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, they are going to "Americanize" the production of it and make it flashy and stupid, so the average American will be drawn to it like a bug light. I don't foresee myself watching this.

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
I'll say I can't wait to see it but at the same time, I'm not holding out much hope. Without Corolla or Leno on it, I really don't think it would have the mass appeal like the BBC show does.

·
Registered
9,130 Posts
James May, Jeremy Clarkson, and Richard Hammond make the show what it is. Their chemistry is "bloody brilliant!" The American version doesn't stand a chance, and just like Gordon Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares, they are going to "Americanize" the production of it and make it flashy and stupid, so the average American will be drawn to it like a bug light. I don't foresee myself watching this.
Are you seriously saying that Top Gear is not flashy or stupid? I love Top Gear and consider it one of my favorite shows, but it's not a show about cars; it's a show about guys talking about cars and doing crazy things with them.

I also doubt the U.S. Top Gear will be worth a damn, but I'll give it a shot :toothless

·
Premium Member
4,780 Posts
I don't know that they can truly be honest enough if it's done in the same bane as TG BBC. They are not a sponsored show and don't rely on advertising as we do here in the states. I mean, what would happen if they test drove that last Dodge Viper off the assembly line only to berate it and talk about how poorly it's built or the same for the latest Corvette or Mustang. I think they'd be too afraid of loosing advertising dollars to be honest and forthright liek they do on the other TG shows in the World.

·
Registered
670 Posts
thats the problem i have with alot of our automotive tv shows, like car and driver, they will never just come out and say a car is bad, but instead compare it do a different car and say the other car is better.

·
U jelly of my
3,204 Posts
thats the problem i have with alot of our automotive tv shows, like car and driver, they will never just come out and say a car is bad, but instead compare it do a different car and say the other car is better.
thats one thing top gear isnt afraid of doing.... admitting how crappy a car is:toothless

·
Biebs Ain't BabyDaddy!
11,159 Posts
Are you seriously saying that Top Gear is not flashy or stupid? I love Top Gear and consider it one of my favorite shows, but it's not a show about cars; it's a show about guys talking about cars and doing crazy things with them.

I also doubt the U.S. Top Gear will be worth a damn, but I'll give it a shot :toothless
Yes, I am. Watch the BBC Kitchen Nightmares, and then watch the American Fox version, and it's no competition. The American version is centered around drama, hip music, and sexy camera tricks. I mean "flashy and stupid" in production value, not content.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts