Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have dynomat extreme on the floors and behind the rear panels on my 79 bronco. I also have sound deading in my doors and headliner above the front seat and up behind the dash. Will I gain anything as far as sound control if I install a headliner on my top about the rear seat. I have a parts bronco with a liner there someone installed. I want it in mine if it will help a little more with sound.

·
Registered
186 Posts
it will help with keeping the cabin cooler as well as sound. It would it won’t help much unless you insulate the entire top

·
Super Moderator
25,795 Posts
Yo 79broncoowner,
As Gondal advised!

Also,
See Cargo headliner replacement w/PVC and fabric in a 78 @ 78 Bronco build, nice but usable
By Quader1 Fred wrote, "had to make the headliner for the shell custom (but was easy),"

Palco cab Highliner pics in a 79
Source: by Marty C (High Octane) at SuperMotors

Installation in 78-79
"Ever since I put bigger tires and louder dual exhaust on my truck, the interior noise level was very annoying over 55-60 mph. I even bought a louder set of speakers so I could here my radio! A couple days ago, I took down the thin cardboard headliner and replaced it with a piece of 1/8" hard-board with speaker carpet glued on it (I used Elmer's spray adhesive). The next time I drove it I couldn't believe how quit it was at highway speeds. It was such a big difference I forgot I even replaced the headliner and was trying to figure out what it was, then, it dawned on me. There are hollow channels that run from the headliner area down the rear door post and out the bottom. This is were all the noise was coming from. Anyway I just had to tell everyone about my amazing discovery. It's just too good to keep it to myself!"
Making New Cargo Trim Panels

I know everyone wants to spruce up those cheap looking pieces of cardboard that Ford calls a trim panel on the sides of the cargo area. This tip is simple but the result is awesome. Take that scratched up piece of cardboard and lay it down on a piece of 1/4" plywood. Use it as a template to leave a nice outline. Hold on your not done yet, you might want to take a marker and mark all the screw holes including the armrest. You can do both pieces on one piece of 4x8 and have enough on the end for the tailgate panel. Cut it out as good as you can and drill out all the holes (before you put the carpet on so they are easy to locate). This is also a good time to cut out any speaker holes you might want. You will find the perfect piece of carpet at www.crutchfield.com for $20 that will cover both panels and the tailgate panel. They carry materials to build speaker boxes. You might need a hand holding the carpet tight on both ends, lay the

cut out piece of wood on the carpet in the place you want it. Trim around

the wood leaving a couple of inches to work with. Using an ordinary staple gun, work your way around the edges starting with the long straight top edge. As you go around the turns it will want to fold to compensate for the turn. Just let it fold but keep the folds to a minimum. Carefully remove the V-shaped piece, the carpet hides this well so you shouldn't be able to see the seem. Add staples as necessary to hide the seem. Slap it back on your truck and be proud of yourself. Total cost: about $35.00 depending on how much the plywood is were you live.

interior 1.jpg (155333 bytes)interior 4.jpg (155476 bytes)

Source: by Chris C
"

1 - 3 of 3 Posts