Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wanted to buy the aussie locker from Torqmasters last week. first went online and left them an email - it isn't the most professional website i've ever seen, there is no automatic online ordering procedure, you have to leave them an email. after three days - no response, so i called them and got - an answering machine! i left a message on that, too.

by the end of the week, i still hadn't heard anything back from them, so i sent an email to the president, who emailed me back the next day that they were "away" and that someone was supposed to be monitoring messages and responding. he said he would call me the next day to take my order...

well, 3 days later, no phone call. i am simply amazed. if i didn't want this thing so bad, i would send them a nice juicy email telling them how poorly i think of their company...

·
Cadillac of Men
3,787 Posts
They are in austrailia or from austrailia. Hence the aussie locker. I have delt with them and they were fine with me. I was pretty sure I was able to order right off their website. Dont remember.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually they (torqmasters) are located in upstate new york...

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i sent the prez another email today, wonder if/when i'll get a reply...i read somewhere they were waiting on the 8.8 for the rear to come out in March, is the backorder you are talking about for the d44? that would suck, as i was hoping to install it before a FSB run in February...

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
sent them another email telling them i really wanted to order, got nothing. and then, an email from the prez tonite, again stating he would personally call me to take my order tomorrow.

imagine if everything were this hard to buy? geeez. :banghead

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
davids78bronco said:
Any word yet? I'm kind of interested in ordering one for the Bronco's 9"
nope, nothing. i will be really amazed if they don't call today. i just sent the prez, bill cole, a reply email stating i am expecting his call...keep you posted. if this weren't such a good product and priced so well, i would be obliged to tell them off. but since i want it so bad i can taste it, i'll put up with the bs a little longer.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well, they (as in the prez. bill cole) finally called at 4 pm today! whoopee!

the prez apologized, took my order, and then going over the tax he was like, ok, $245, plus...i was like "whoa, what happened to $200...?"

he said "the prices went up Jan 1..."

i said "after all the delay you put me through, are you kidding me?"

he said, "no, i am not kidding you."

we went back and forth, and i may have led him to believe that several hundred FSB'ers were waiting for my review of this product (i will write one up after the paragon run in feb), so he gave in and sold it to me for $200 plus tax. phew.

he sounded like a nice guy. apparently demand is way exceeding supply and they don't have the personnel to field all the calls they get. i thought that was a good problem for a company to have. anyway, he didn't say anything about a backorder, so i am expecting it in a week or so.

·
Registered
13,892 Posts
Good, finally! Price is good too... Make sure to write up a good review... convincing my wife in letting me get one for the Bronco almost depends on you! :toothless

·
Registered
3,373 Posts
mine showed up yesterday. i only paid 199 for it. there is a rather long thread on pirate about the aussie locker. from what i gathered there, they just cant build them fast enuff. didnt read one bad remark about the locker itself though. so hopefully it will be worth the wait. bill did mention on pirate that the prices were going up jan 1st.

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
davids78bronco said:
Good, finally! Price is good too... Make sure to write up a good review... convincing my wife in letting me get one for the Bronco almost depends on you! :toothless
i can actually write a review right now for ya David, and all it will cost ya is $550...

gee, that is exactly what my bumper cost, what a coincidence... :thumbup

·
Registered
741 Posts
I have e-mailed them several times about questions that I had and I have had prompt responses. so dont let this issue pull you away from ordering a aussie locker

·
search, you #$%@! noob
9,995 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ok, so i ordered the locker almost 3 weeks ago, i sent them an email on monday, 2/2, to check the status of my order, so far 2 days later no response. not exactly the "prompt" response i was hoping for...

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
EDITED, Please read my last post on page 2. What jackhart stated is not accurate whatsoever. i had no problems and neither has any of my friends that ordered.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts