Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im sorry if its been asked before. I searhed. My wife is going to have extra money left over from school tuition and she is going to pay to have the balljoints replaced on my ranger. What i'd like to find out is well turning the torsion bars make it ride bad. If so I'd I'll get new torsion key to lift it 2 to 2.5 inches. I'd like to do it while I've got it apart so that I only have to have it aligned once. Thank you.:thumbup

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
I have a '98 ranger. I cranked down on the torsion bars with the stock keys. It lifted it about 1.5-2 inches and make it ride REALLY stiff. BAD in my opinion. I don't know if the new keys will make it any better thou

A buddy of mine got the new "keys" for his chevy 1500 and it rides rougher than my ranger i think.

Basically its a cheap lift, you'll loose some suspension travel, and it will be stiff.

·
Be jealous of my
923 Posts
To level them, you should be fine on a torsion twist. If you were gunna lift it the cheap way, you'll be screwing yourself over bigtime. Ever check out ranger-forums.com? They have a lot of info there on what your asking.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
To level them, you should be fine on a torsion twist. If you were gunna lift it the cheap way, you'll be screwing yourself over bigtime. Ever check out ranger-forums.com? They have a lot of info there on what your asking.
Ill check out ranger-forums.com.

I think ill just bump them up about an inch. Ive already got new shocks. They're off a brand new 4x4 ranger so I think they'll work fine on a 4x2 with the torsion bars twisted. My budy bought a new ranger and lifted it with only 20 or so miles on it so he gave me the shocks.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Im sorry if its been asked before. I searhed. My wife is going to have extra money left over from school tuition and she is going to pay to have the balljoints replaced on my ranger. What i'd like to find out is well turning the torsion bars make it ride bad. If so I'd I'll get new torsion key to lift it 2 to 2.5 inches. I'd like to do it while I've got it apart so that I only have to have it aligned once. Thank you.:thumbup
Heh, fruedian slip???
Everytime I thought about extra money (before I lifted both mine) I automaticly thought lift kit too...:toothless
I sorry Ill fix it for ya.:brownbag

1 - 8 of 8 Posts