Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 155 Posts

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Driving on the freeway today around 5:30 in stop and go traffic, I come to a stop about a car length away from the Chevy Silverado in front of me. I didnt slam on my brakes or anything, just came to a stop. A couple seconds later I looked in my mirror and saw a BUS coming at me fast. I look for a way out of the way but find none (sitting in the fast lane) and just put the brakes to the floor. Smash! and the bus comes barreling into the rear of my truck-probably doing about 20- pushing me into the truck in front of me. As soon as everything comes to a stop, I throw the truck in park and turn it off. "What the ****?! I got hit by a BUS?!" I get out first and make sure people who I hit were okay and then I check out the bus driver. Everybody seems fine and there is already a highway patrol blocking traffic.

Pretty much sums up my night. My back is already hurting and Ill be going to the hospital later tonight when I get a ride to make sure everything is okay. I believe the insurance company is going to total my truck because its smashed in both ends (but I will have the truck no matter what- I want to turn it into a wheeler if it comes down to that) Oh yeah, luckily there was no passengers on the bus, and we were half a mile away from his exit to drop the bus off at the station.

:cry

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
That sucks dude, definitely get seen and get MRI's/Xrays, does your back hurt leaning forward or leaning backwards? Forward is most likely discs, back most likely vertebra.

Good luck on the insurance FUN! :doh0715:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shitty. frame looks bent to hell. Id say it looks like a wheeler project. Too bad looks like it was a beautiful truck.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
did you not have a bumper on or something? that sucks man, and you cant really do anything about it, if you frame isnt horribly screwed, make it a wheeler

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
That sucks man. All the work we put into these things and then some ass hat takes it all away in a second. Glad to hear you're mostly okay, that's the important thing. Look on the bright side- you don't have to drive around with that god-awful billet grill any more!

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
That sucks dude, definitely get seen and get MRI's/Xrays, does your back hurt leaning forward or leaning backwards? Forward is most likely discs, back most likely vertebra.

Good luck on the insurance FUN! :doh0715:
It hurts just sitting still, like its tight and sore, but it doesnt hurt any more or less if Im moving in one direction or another. Thanks, insurance should go easier than most considering it was VTA who hit me.

Shitty. frame looks bent to hell. Id say it looks like a wheeler project. Too bad looks like it was a beautiful truck.

Really? I thought the frame looked straight considering what happened.

·
Honeynut Cheerios Urine
9,845 Posts
your billet grille looks all trippy....and, did they police file any paperowrk or w/e noting you didn't have a bumper on? legally you need to have a bumper on..i wonder if that will affect your insurance claim..or damages to the other vehicle..etc

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,841 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
did you not have a bumper on or something? that sucks man, and you cant really do anything about it, if you frame isnt horribly screwed, make it a wheeler
I didnt have the bumper on because I was in the process of installing tow hooks for the snow trip I was going on tomorrow.

That sucks man. All the work we put into these things and then some ass hat takes it all away in a second. Glad to hear you're mostly okay, that's the important thing. Look on the bright side- you don't have to drive around with that god-awful billet grill any more!
You still love the billet grill :goodfinge

your billet grille looks all trippy....and, did they police file any paperowrk or w/e noting you didn't have a bumper on? legally you need to have a bumper on..i wonder if that will affect your insurance claim..or damages to the other vehicle..etc

Highway patrol took care of all the details and information. She had the report and I explained to her why there was no bumper (installing tow hooks for tomorrows trip), she said not to worry about it and it probably would have cause more damage.

·
Man with a Golden ticket
4,005 Posts
Glad to hear you are ok, relatively speaking anyway.

Don't let them try and jerk you around, get an attorney if they start. :beer

1 - 20 of 155 Posts