Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The rear brakes in my Bronco are extremely touchy when the vehicle has been parked for a several hours in cold, wet conditions. I think it may be more related to something being wet because it did it once immediatley after I steam cleaned the engine and chassis. Has anyone else experienced this? The braking goes back to normal after several applications and the brake light does not ever come on.

If it means anything, the ABS light used to stay on all the time until I pulled the bulb on it.

·
nolongeraregistereduser
656 Posts
My ex-girlfriends '93 used to do that too. Whenever it got wet, I had to drag the brakes a bit to dry em off. Never bothered to figure out what it was, she wasn't worth it. The girlfriend, not the Bronco lol.

·
Registered
990 Posts
I have heard of it happening with the "inferior" shoe's. The lining can absorb the moisture and cause them to be touchy.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Maybe I'll check into some new shoes. I don't have a clue what brand or off-brand shoes are on there now.

I don't think they get glazed as they don't get worked very hard. The hills in my town are far and few in between.

Thanks for the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts