Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey my buddy has a 89 full size bronco and he has a tow hitch i want to put on my 95. I havent looked at it to close because he lives a ways from me but i want to put it on my rig today. Does anyone know if i need to drill holes, and can i use the same hardware? Or has the frame changed from 89-95? thanks

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
The class 3 that I have needed three holes per frame rail, so a total of six holes drilled.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
jerry 1 a b said:
The class 3 that I have needed three holes per frame rail, so a total of six holes drilled.

yup .. frame sizes may differ .. not too sure .. I don't think there is a "ONE FITS ALL FULLSIZE" :shrug

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok i see that i need to drill 3 holes per frame rail, i took this hitch off my buddies truck and have it, but dont know how i should go about drilling the holes? do i take the gas tank off, and if i do is it hard? or do i just squeze some tiny hand in between the frame rail and tank? you only need to get to the rear 2 bolts this way the front ones are accesable if you take the bumper off.

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
It's next to impossible to get in there without pulling the tank. I had mine installed at uhaul, and they had these flate threaded plates that stay in place by sitting against the frame. If you could get a set of those (from where, I don't know) it would be your best bet. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to remove the gas tank. It's not hard to do at all. As long as there isn't a lot of rust, you could have it out in less than an hour.

·
Premium Member
10,513 Posts
pulling the tank really isn't as hard as it sounds ... I had to replace mine after it sprung a leak in the middle of the night.. I had to cut my skidplate off with a hand chisel to get at it though due to rust .. Check this link ---> http://www.superford.org/registry/vehicles/detail.php?id=1371&s=8492#content

I also have a class III hitch that I have not put on yet as I want to mount it upside down to get the reciever out of harms way and build a custom bumper around it ... I have a tow hook on my frame for when it gets to hard pulling, but I also have a shackle on my bumper for the regular stuff .. a tow package allows me to use that for now

1 - 7 of 7 Posts