Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
No avatar required
10,958 Posts
I have (2) of the 3", 30,000lb and one 4" 30,000lb. I've snapped a 3" on a buried blazer, and don't even think about the 2" straps. They were fine when I had my Jeep, but the first time I used one on a Bronco it snapped, and it right out of the box.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
i have one 4 inch 40000 lbs, two 3 inch 30000 lbs ones. and a 2 inch 20000 lbs. the 2 inch has worked well for trucks cars ATV's. i dont carry the 4 inch because it is huge. I used it to pull a kubota tractor and bigger things. but a good 3 inch works well for everything.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
I need a tow strap, too...
How about a group buy on them from someplace??

:beer
Bill

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I have a 25' military snatch strap and a 50 foot 5" wide strap that I use. snapped the military one yanking *literally* my boss's jeep out of the snow last time we went wheeling so I tied it off on my front bumper and went at it again....its not a permanent fixture on my bumper as I cant even cut it off now lol.

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
BTW the military strap has a rating of 35,000 lbs and the big guy is rated at 55,000.

·
Registered
225 Posts
i carry a 4"x30' strap that i just replaced because my other one broke a couple weekends ago. it is rated at 30,000 lbs. usually go through one per year.
also carry a 6" tuflex for backup. costs like $100, but never broke one.

·
Registered
40 Posts
this is the place where we got our stuff when i worked at the towing service, i used to purchase and use stuff from these guys.... great to deal with and good quality stuff....http://www.awdirect.com/

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
I carry a 4" 30 footer, but I prefer to use a chain whenever possible

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
davids78bronco said:
A chain?! ACK! You want to replace your frame, don't you?
Did ALOT of pulling with a chain when I had my '78 without a problem, I am a little less likely to use it in certain situations with '93. But I never had a chain snap becuase I never try to do anything I shouldn't do.

:toothless

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
built4wheelin said:
i carry a 4"x30' strap that i just replaced because my other one broke a couple weekends ago. it is rated at 30,000 lbs. usually go through one per year.
also carry a 6" tuflex for backup. costs like $100, but never broke one.
was the one that broke the one you had out in forrestville a couple weeks ago? the one that looked like it went through a paper shreader? the one you kept using, and saying i have more in the truck if this one breaks? :toothless

·
Registered
525 Posts
There is no reason a chain should break unless it is: 1. Used improperly and/or not load tested, or 2. damaged.

AND; If someone loses bodyparts in a recovery application, the operator is not using very safe practices.

ie.; Guys involved (or watching) the operation should be well outside the angle formed by the cable or chain under stress at a distance at least equal to the distance between the two most distant points in the rigging.

·
Registered
230 Posts
i bought mine at the tractor supply store.... they come way cheaper there and its a really nice 3" strap.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts