Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was under the rear bumper this morning and noticed this connector. Looked in the manual but couldn’t find anything. Is it for tow lights ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Interesting. I wonder if this has anything to do with my rear window not working using the dash switch - but works with the key?

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Is it possible that this has something to do with a optional rear window switch and it would plug into this harness? It’s got my curiosity now...

·
Premium Member
1,574 Posts
Was a rear window defroster an option in 78?

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
Good question, I know the rear window on my spare parts Bronco has the widow defroster grid on it.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I went through my factory manual last night and couldn’t find anything. Strange?

·
Premium Member
2,168 Posts
The more I looked at this and then checked my truck as well, this is connector C 1001. Which according to the wiring diagram (link in Post # 2) is part of the trailer wiring circuit. This is the connection for the L/H, R/H turn signals, brake and running lights (older vehicles only require 3 wires to run these) and this is also where I have my basic trailer light connection (no trailer brakes or power feed) tied in.

·
Premium Member
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Zig. I’m thinking that too. I got under there and was cleaning off the rubber connector and it was stamped...M12246. There are two other similar connectors of different colors within that main harness. This one is Yellow and has 3 wires green, yellow and white - I think. I guess I can easily check it for power. Maybe add some Christmas lights... lol

·
Registered
1984, 300 L6, smogless, manual 3speed with overdrive.
754 Posts
Flux capacitor!!! Easy to tell if it’s trailer wire hook up ... multimeter and your turn signals on.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts