Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well here we go explaining the most unbeliveable day ever, and in the end i want your opinion on what we should have done, you have 3 choices...

1. Finally Just Bring the Truck where it needed to get.

2. Leave the truck where it fall, and cut your loses.

3. Bring the dam thing back to the house, and let it sit in the yard.

Well this morning my uncle is towing a bronco up to philly with his F-250 pick up, He has towed vehicles everywhere with this dolly of his, and never had a problem.. The fact about it tho is that nothing has he ever towed as big (wide) as a bronco. The Truck did not fit on the dolly right, so on the way to Philly he had some problems, and had to start on his way back to the house, becasue he had some tire rub with the fenders on the dolly. He was on his way back when the tire on the dolly finally gave, his luck (which was the only luck of the day) was that he was near a lowes parking lot that he was able to pull into instead of parking on the street. So he then called me and my dad up at 10 oclock this morning after leaving the house at 8. (took 2 hours to get everything straight enough to get that far, and fix what he needed to get it home, well turned around) . Soo he called and said that he had this blow out and wanted us to see if we could bring up him a tire for this dolly, so we took a tire we had from the yard, and rode out to where he was, which was a 45 minutes away. So after we put the tire on we decided to take the fenders off the dolly so they would no longer rub.. That worked $20 later after we bought the toold tht we didnt bring to do the job. But now we had another problem everytime we turned the dolly the flat tire on the bronco, yes it had a flat also, would rub against the new tire which was going to eat it up. so we then had to run back to my house another 45 minute drive, to get a spare tire that was smaller than the other one to eliminate the risk of rubbing all together. now for the 45 minute ride back up to the truck... So we finally got it all ready, We are ha;f way there, so we decide to move it up to philly. well this time all systems were go we finally got it there, so the tally of the whole cost of getting it there was as follows..

$20 in gas for the recovery vehicle "my dad's truck"
$20 in diesel for the F-250
$15 in food for the time it took from 10 oclock till 5 oclock
(thats eating lite)
$60 for a new tire for the dolly
$10 for a crappy spare tire from a buddy of ours that would fit a 4x4 ford
_______________-
$120.00 Grand Total.. oo and now for the money we made out of it..

on the account that we didnt own the bronco, and the uncle towing it didnt own it we got nothing for the truck itself, which the other uncle of mine sold it for $200... and the guy we moved it for was agreed to give the transport vehicle $50 in advance for moving this thing..
So hey no hard feelings to the buyer of the truck "Bronco Mike" good luck with that thing..

SO what Do you think we should have done :1, 2, or 3?

·
Registered
517 Posts
sounds like you should have given it a test run before getting on the road. always make sure your stuff is together before hauling a vehicle, you aren't the only one at risk out there.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well everything was right, but when the tire went flat on the truck the truck pushed on the fender and pushed it on the dolly tire, so it was all unknown effects.. We have been using this dolly for many years with no problem ever, it just so happened that an accident accured this time, thats y it is called an accident not an "on pourpose"

·
Registered
209 Posts
as a redneck of my word, number 1, if it was me. if it was someone else, leave it at lowes and call a rollback to get it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts