Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My uncle is paying me this weekend to tow his truck to a place about 80 miles away. What should I charge for something like this? I obviously want to cover cost but still make a little money too without over charging him. But then be prepared if he happens to think my price isn't fair.... So anyone know what a company would charge to tow an Izuzu flat dump bed truck, prob 7-8 k pounds about 80 miles one direction and ride back unloaded?

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What are you pulling it with? If you get around 12MPG I'd charge $1.25 per mile for all miles.
:stupid

The exact price I was gonna quote assuming you're doing it with your Super Duty.
That is what I am using. Sounds good! Thanks for the help. I was thinking between $1 and $1.50 so I guess that fits my idea just about right!

·
Registered
1,382 Posts
What are you towing it with?

·
Premium Member
276 Posts
umm, cover your gas and lunch. I personally wouldnt try to make a little money off of my uncle....thats just me though....we're a pretty tight unit with my dad, my siblings, my uncle and his kids..my uncle says."i need...." i just do, been that way my whole life, but like i said, we're a tight unit, my two cousins, my sister and I refer to both my dad and uncle as, the dads, also, my uncle always made sure i didnt go without when i was a kid and helped me out alot financially when i was a younger adult, so that probably also weighs in on my perspective

·
Resident Wrecker Driver
1,325 Posts
Connecticut light duty towing rates are $88 for the hook, $4.75 a mile. Medium is $175 an hour with a 2 hour minimum

·
Premium Member
2,535 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
umm, cover your gas and lunch. I personally wouldnt try to make a little money off of my uncle....thats just me though....we're a pretty tight unit with my dad, my siblings, my uncle and his kids..my uncle says."i need...." i just do, been that way my whole life, but like i said, we're a tight unit, my two cousins, my sister and I refer to both my dad and uncle as, the dads, also, my uncle always made sure i didnt go without when i was a kid and helped me out alot financially when i was a younger adult, so that probably also weighs in on my perspective
cover gas and lunch. its family
I see where you are both coming from. But he and I both share the idea that I am doing him a favor and still saving him money, so why can't I save him money and make a little myself. We both agree with that, so I charged $1.25 a mile. $200 total

My buddy charged me $50/hour to haul a bobcat with his 3500 Dodge P/U and trailer. Seemed reasonable to me.
That prob woulda worked out about the same.

bare cost + a case of brew :beer
He doesn't care that I drink, but that side of the family is weird, he wouldn't buy me beer.

mileage, lunch, and a 12pk
Same as above comment.

160 miles,4 hr turnaround,15 gallons fuel. If the uncle's solid I'd do it a buck a mile.
Yeah I thought about it. But did $1.25

Connecticut light duty towing rates are $88 for the hook, $4.75 a mile. Medium is $175 an hour with a 2 hour minimum
This is what I'm talking about, saved him a bundle if he was gonna pay that...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts