Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
while towing a a u-haul tralor i expereinced a weird jerking and the tach started jumping any idea's it was there biggest covered tralor.:shrug :shrug

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,840 Posts
we need more info here . like year, engine/tranny combo. size tires your running things like that. other wise we have no idea what bronco your talking about.

later

·
Ex Navy Nuke
5,420 Posts
Did it happen while you had the cruise set? I've learned not to bother trying to set the cruise while towing a trailer because the same thing happens to me.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
1994/ 351/e4od/32'tires/ 3.55 gears it will do it even if the criuse control is not on.

·
7,840 Posts
well running a tire thats bigger then stock doesnt help with those high gears. you maybe having tranny issues. take it down to an auto parts store and have them pull some codes its free. when was the last time your rig had a tune up, might be time for plugs,wires,cap, rotor and reset/check timing. your not driving in OD when your pulling are you. it should be turned off.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just did total tune-up including new msd ciol also have been expereincing at high rpm or when you get on it the tach drops a couple rpm's.if the tranny was slipping wouldn't the rpm's go up ?

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Just like kemicalburns said... go have the codes read. I think it's your VSS, but you can never be sure until you have it checked.

·
7,840 Posts
you pulling with the OD off? maybe its time for a tune up

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
irwin said:
what is vss?no codes i have a code reader shows everything is cool.
vss stands for vehicle speed sensor. It's a little electrical device that is on the top of your rear differential...

my bronco started bucking and jumping one time when i was towing a heavy load too... i figured it was the 8 tons of peanuts i was hooked to :toothless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts