Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Newbie here, hi to all, I was reading the lift/tire info thread, and I have a question about the sway bar mod. I tow a LOT. Heavy trailer loaded with bikes almost every weekend. Agood 140 miles in a day over some pretty hilly terrain. If I lift ths truck, and disconnect the sway bay bar in the front, how will that affect the handling while towing a trailer?

·
They call me "MR FLAT TIRE"
4,582 Posts
I only notice a difference with the rear disconnected..

·
Registered
741 Posts
I noticed a difference last weekend when I towed a buddys 73 f250 parts truck back, towing 12,700lbs with no rear swaybar she moved around but nothing unbarable. I would take the bar off and tow the trailer a couple times to see if you like the handleing, if not put it on or get quick disconnects

·
Snow Bunny
841 Posts
i looked at making quick disconects, and it would be rather easy to make. or you could spend the money and buy em, but this route gives you the option to change your mind

·
Registered
225 Posts
93_bronco said:
I noticed a difference last weekend when I towed a buddys 73 f250 parts truck back, towing 12,700lbs with no rear swaybar she moved around but nothing unbarable. I would take the bar off and tow the trailer a couple times to see if you like the handleing, if not put it on or get quick disconnects

holy waaaaa! how does an old f250 weigh in at 6 tons? :shocked

you musta had 3 of them on there :toothless

·
Registered
211 Posts
Well when I towed a buddies '91 Bronco on a 2,000lb homemade trailer mine did not sway any at all. I have the front sway bar out but still have the rear.
Shane

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Or just posting your last message once :toothless

1 - 10 of 10 Posts