Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Started my half door project. body people will probably be scared but its turning out well I think. slightly differnt than most on the road...I also did not like the look or function of them being cut super low. some might argue this is not much of a cut but it should be alot better than a full door in terms of outside point of view. It will also give a arm rest since its about that right height

I spent alot of time drawing to figure out what I wanted, height, width etc. here is the rough cut

the center section I had planned just to fold over to have one less thing to cut and weld. well it didnt work out as planned. about an inch shy of what i needed. It was hard to measure the width of the door before cutting it apart.

the inside is a typical door with all the moldings and holes given for access.It would have been too hard to try and fill everything in to the very uneven inner sheet metal. i cut it all out of filled it in too.

this is where it sits now. still have to get the latch in, maybe a cup holder then weld it all. I did run out of 18guage sheet tho. my scrape piece I bought was not quite enough once I messed up the center section.

·
Wrenching for a Livin'
6,949 Posts
i really like it. Nothings gonna roll out with them

what are you doing for the door handle/striker/keep the door shut?

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like crap. You'd be better off killing yourself.

...but that's just my $0.02 today.

-Senior poop head
EAD

i really like it. Nothings gonna roll out with them

what are you doing for the door handle/striker/keep the door shut?
thats the best part....stock. Ill just relocate the inner handle. one. Ill shave the lock on the outside. no need for it really. OTOH I could run it but would have be buy new lock cylinders. still whats the point? you could jump in the window thats not there.

Nice job so far. Why not cut the window frame out too?
cause they look like ass that way. keeping the window frame keeps a cleaner look IMO

·
Registered
995 Posts
Looks like crap! You should send them to mee when they are finished and start over on some better ones. :beer:thumbup

·
Sayulita Layta!
6,784 Posts
I like the door Dustin. Im not a huge fan of low cut half doors and I actually like the look of them with the top frame still in tact. Keep up the good work.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
you should make them suicide doors.

and they look more like 3/4 doors cause you didnt cut half of them...lol

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
you should make them suicide doors.

and they look more like 3/4 doors cause you didnt cut half of them...lol
I knew some jackass was going to say it...thanks:goodfinge

I need to get a set of them for my brother's 84. Sweet find :thumbup

Diggin the doors too :thumbup
yeah look up 4xinovations. good guy to deal with and gets them too you quick. these have good reviews on pirate too. should make swaping doors easy. this was the biggest thing for me as i dont know how much i would run the halfdoors. it gets hella dirty out here if you cant roll your windows up.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks like crap! You should send them to mee when they are finished and start over on some better ones. :beer:thumbup
I could build you some for a fair price. shipping would be a bitch tho.

here is what Im going to do with the inside. may or may not do a cubby hole. and no speaker.

·
green ones make me horny
11,135 Posts
I knew some jackass was going to say it...thanks:goodfinge

yeah look up 4xinovations. good guy to deal with and gets them too you quick. these have good reviews on pirate too. should make swaping doors easy. this was the biggest thing for me as i dont know how much i would run the halfdoors. it gets hella dirty out here if you cant roll your windows up.
No problem Dustin that is what im here for.

they look cool though i want to see them finsihed though

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want them done too. as it sits now there is about 6hours of work in that. the second one will go faster now that i know what i want to do.

·
Diesel Gynachologist
11,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Why no speaker?
cause there are 4 other crappy ones in the truck. I also dont want to deal with unplugging wires to swap doors. I dont like to listen to music too loud when wheeling plus the cb and squirrls screaming is loud enough

1 - 20 of 86 Posts