Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
bronco's running crappy, having trouble starting it after its warm, wanting to flood out.
i've been reading all over this forum about it and have already checke to verify that the ect and fpr are indeed in range.
i decided to check the tps and that is where my question arises...
KOEO i am getting 0volts between the black and green wire with the throttle closed. with the throttle wide open and everywhere in between is 0volts as well...
with the key on, black vom lead on battery and red lead on the green there is 5v but there is also 5v on the black ground wire on the tps harness as well.
i have read Xris' ultimate tps sensor thread and this doesnt seem right...
is my sensor bad? should the BKO even run with it like that?
thx in advance!!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i might add...i have not pulled codes as i have been unable to ever since the mass conversion. not with the tester or with the blinking light method as well.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Steve,
i found that i didn't have a ground on sig rtn...i read that on these fiveology conversions it is sometimes necessary to run a ground to the sig rtn socket on the test plug...
after grounding that, i was able to re-test and the tps was at .88v w/throttle closed and 4.8v with it wide open.

have you ever heard of grounding the signal return??!!

·
Registered
5 Posts
I know when my horse was running badly it ended up being tps and coolant temp sens. combined. Only found out by pulling codes though. Wishn I could be more help

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
all is well
like i stated above, ground signal return and tps started working.
unhooked the battery for 30min to clear the computer, started her & let her idle for 20min then took her for a ride.
runs like a top!!

·
Premium Member
3,988 Posts
Your Fiveology Racing MAF Overlay Harness should only have 8 Fuel Injector connectors, 1 MAF Sensor connector and a Ground Terminal. The rest is repinning the EEC connector correctly. It should not impact the TPS.

The TPS should be using a clean EEC ground from SIG RTN Pin 46. The EEC receives ground directly from the battery, usually from a direct connection near the battery. Your 1995 EEC should receive main ground from the Battery Negative terminal, to G101 located on the right fender apron (near the battery), through the harness to EEC Pin #40 & #60.

That said, your clean TPS ground should be using EEC Pin #46 SIG RTN, which is spliced with the Data Link Connector at S137 (located near T/O to brake warning resistor/diode assembly). If you are not receiving DTCs or have a working TPS, check this wire for continuity from both the TPS and Data Link Connector to EEC Pin #46. I would think using raw ground for the TPS would work, but you would potentially lose resolution and accuracy.

1990 Bronco G102 EEC Ground on radiator support

1 - 8 of 8 Posts