Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yes I searched, my question is that I was planning on replacing the TPS due to some flat spots. While replacing it do I have to worry about anything, anything special I have to do?

·
Living in Obscurity
1,928 Posts
Nope, remove the throttle body, disonnect some wires, take off the TPS, put new one on and repeat in reverse.:thumbup

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
alright thats what I want to hear, thanks smooth

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Don't forget to reset the computer. It may run funny for a lil while as the computer tries to play catch up.

·
Charlie don't surf..
'92 Ford Bronco XLT
15,186 Posts
SMOOTH said:
Nope, remove the throttle body, disonnect some wires, take off the TPS, put new one on and repeat in reverse.:thumbup
Actually you should not even have to remove the throttle body.

·
Registered
315 Posts
is this something that you can upgrade?

·
OUT OF BUSINESS / M.I.A.
10,873 Posts
Upgrade? :confused:

Umm? You could put some gold leaf on it :shrug

LOL, nah, a sensor is a sensor, as long as it works :thumbup

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
knarf121 said:
is this something that you can upgrade?
no, well I guess you could paint it red or yellow and gain 10-15hp. the reason im replacing it is beacause I have some flat spots.

·
Registered
1,260 Posts
93_bronco said:
no, well I guess you could paint it red or yellow and gain 10-15hp. the reason im replacing it is beacause I have some flat spots.
I painted mine construction Orange, but now whenever my truck passes a road work crew, my exhausts makes a cat call whistle, and my left headlight winks at the road crew

:shrug

Prolly should not have used that pink primer!!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Accessory Man said:
I painted mine construction Orange, but now whenever my truck passes a road work crew, my exhausts makes a cat call whistle, and my left headlight winks at the road crew

:shrug

Prolly should not have used that pink primer!!
:lolup :lolup :lolup :lolup

·
Registered
276 Posts
If/when you remove the throttle body to put the new sensor on, you most likely will need a new TB gasket. I did when I replaced my TPS and Had to make an extra trip to the parts store for $1.50 gasket.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts