Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok so I've done alot of searching and seen many designs, but what is the best way to make a trac bar bracket and what to use. I have some fab skills, but when it comes down to safety of my truck, I want to be absolutely sure. As for tools I have a cutting torch, chop saw, circular saw with metal blade, a Hobart 125 mig with gas and a lincoln 220v arc welder, so I have the tools to do it. I just want a design that is not too hard to make but is strong if you know what i mean. :shrug

·
Registered
12 Posts
I used the design that crazed and shadofax used. Easy to make and strong as shit. I've abused mine pretty hard this summer and it has held up fine.

·
Premium Member
23,551 Posts
all depends on what your wanting out of it and all. look at all the pictures you can and just pick one to go with. Just weld er up with the stick welder not the weaker 110v mig. :thumbup

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is that the upper or lower? It looks like a lower to go around a axle. I need the upper mount.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:doh0715: that looks good though

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I can fab up a upper mount for you pm me what you would like
I like the mount that crazed has. I think I am going to look around at what steel I have here, and see if I have anything to make it, butif not I'll let you know. Thank You!

·
BeastfaB
1,114 Posts
Do you even have the axle under the truck yet? Don't get ahead of yourself here. You need the axle in the final position under the truck with everything sitting at ride height to be able to even know what your design needs to be. Then you will be able to calculate how much drop you need for the upper mount and also the height you need up off the axle for the lower mount. This all needs to coincide with your drag link angle so you can achieve proper steering geometry. Where are you at in your build?

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Right now I am just trying to get a idea for a drop bracket. My axle is getting gears seals and bearings installed tomorrow and next week I will probably start removing the ttb. I have everything else for the swap.

·
Premium Member
3,109 Posts
I think mine was the simplest design I've seen. A piece of 3" by 3/16 angle iron with bar stock to set the width for the bushing. Bolts to the bottom spring bucket bolts and one bolt through the crossmember. Good pics on the Supermotors site in my signature.

·
Premium Member
14,612 Posts
I think mine was the simplest design I've seen. A piece of 3" by 3/16 angle iron with bar stock to set the width for the bushing. Bolts to the bottom spring bucket bolts and one bolt through the crossmember. Good pics on the Supermotors site in my signature.
mine is constructed the same way except I used 3/8". It's held up for 6years now...

·
Registered
392 Posts
I agree with waiting till you have the axle under the truck. I went with a pre-made one not really thinking about how much variance there can be. At least I can say mine's original :toothless

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.