Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
....ehhh
931 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is for anyone who has done a coil sas.

How far up can your pumpkin come before it hits your track bar?

I have my arms mounted, and I took the springs out to check the travel limits(without springs)...

How much does a spring compress before lifting the vehicle up in the air 1/3 its length?

·
Registered
266 Posts
Really shouldn't ever hit the pumpkin. (Unless you remounted the axle-side mount on top)
The bend in the bar goes towards the front, and the bar goes on the front side of the original,axle-side mount.

Forgive the poser-shot, but here you can just see the track-bar is barely in front of the top of the housing. I don't know how much more the front axle had left in it (if any), but it wouldn't have ever hit the track bar if it had continued to compress the DS coil.

HTH

-matt

·
Registered
184 Posts
Do you have any pics of the F-350 track bar?

·
TTB for short
2,189 Posts
I don't have a digital camera, but i should be getting one for the business soon. Just do what i do, find an F-350 (look for landscaping crews;) ) and whip out the tape measure. If they ask you what your doing (if they know english) then tell 'em

·
Registered
184 Posts
I just have never heard of anyone doing a F-350 track bar. I think I know what style he's talking about, but pics never hurt.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts