Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i traded my hudson trailer for a kaufman. it was an even trade no money exchanged. whats your opinions ?
this is what i had : 2005 deckover 5ton hudson tag along ,6 lug axles,16ft deck , 3ft dovetail , fold down ramps.

this is what i got now: 2003 6ton kaufman gooseneck , 8 lug axles,20ft deck , fold down ramps.

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
6 ton axles? You won't miss the deck over? Thats what I would like. The gooseneck is sweet though you can turn hell of a lot sharper. Nice score.

·
ford freak
731 Posts
nice. extra length, but not a deck over...interesting trade.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The gooseneck is sweet though you can turn hell of a lot sharper. Nice score.
this is the first time ive ever pulled a gooseneck
I like it! You'll like that longer deck a lot more :twotu:
im loving the extra room. the deck is lower than the other trailer i like that better to. i can get cars on this one. i hauled a camaro last night and a mustang today. tomorrow im picking up a 90 f150 4wd.
then its off to the crusher. :toothless

Can it hold 2 broncos...say to River Rock in July?
already tried . not long enough. :cry
but if it could , you could ride along with me. :beer

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
You finally got a goose, nice! If you still had the FSB I'd say you were crazy for trading away a deck over, but since you've got the smaller rig I think it's a good choice. Just be careful with that thing! There is at least one stop sign near my house that will never be quite the same since I got mine.:brownbag You've really got to watch the inside edge of the trailer with a goose when making turns because they turn much wider than a bumper pull.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
your right dave. it turns and backs quick. and my truck is as long as the entire trailer.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
What are the axles rated at? I think we both need to get our class A licenses.:doh0715: After I finish my SAS I'm probably going to change out the mobile home axles under mine for some decent trailer axles. Hell, maybe torsions.

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
What are the axles rated at? I think we both need to get our class A licenses.:doh0715:
yeah , did you see the thread over on nc4x4 about legal hauling ? we both could get ticketed. the axle rating is stamped on the neck. im gonna post another pic tomorrow of the trailer cause i did some work to it today. its 6 tons but ill look on the tag to be exact on the gvwr.

·
Some assembly required!
5,402 Posts
yeah , did you see the thread over on nc4x4 about legal hauling ? we both could get ticketed. the axle rating is stamped on the neck. im gonna post another pic tomorrow of the trailer cause i did some work to it today. its 6 tons but ill look on the tag to be exact on the gvwr.
Well, anything over 10k and you're boned with the class C license. Oh well, shouldn't be a terribly big deal. At least it's not the hassle of a CDL!

·
It's BTW Not AKA!
5,354 Posts
Looks good.

What was the reason for wanting to swap?

·
tactical-mike
5,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Looks good.

What was the reason for wanting to swap?
wanted a lower deck . and my friends new buggy wouldnt fit on the gooseneck so we swapped.
i haul cars to so this is much easier.

Looks good Mike. Definately be easier to load non running vehicles onto. Did your SD already have a goose neck hitch or did you have to add it?
we installed a hitch the night we traded over in his shop.:beer

1 - 20 of 41 Posts