Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Hmmm....
1,382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got ticketed for 55 in a 40 near FW, i thought the limit was 50, so that sucks. but heres the pickle, he noticed my inspection sticker was out of date. i got my truck (my blazer) summer or 2K2 nd never did look at the inspection sticker to see when it was going to go out, and it went out in April of this year had NO damn clue:banghead :banghead :banghead
so i call the court up, they want a freaking $100 bucks for the inspection sticker + 12.50 for the inspection itself, then $95 for court costs, and $10 for my driving record, and then whatever defensive driving costs. this has screwed 2 months of doing ANYTHING fun, i am looking a $230+ in fines. i hate crap fines like that. i admit i deserve the speeding, but $100 for for inspection and $95 in court fees. screw that crap, o well i guess it gets people to slow down. sorry for ranting

what stories do yall got????

·
huh
7,196 Posts
MuddyBronco13 said:

what stories do yall got????
i got a ticket for expired registration when i was going to get my truck smogged so i could pay the registration.. the guy said you fix it, you dont pay.. i fixed it, had it written off, and a month later i got a fine saying i owed them like 300 bucks and if i had taken care of it to ignore it.. well i assumed that since i sent the thing in written off that i would be ok.. well another 2 months later i got another paper from a collections agency saying i owed them like 600 bucks and they were gonna collect.. i explained to them what happened but they didnt care.. nobody seemed to care.. they told me if it wasnt paid by the next friday at 6pm it would go up like 180 bucks more and my license was gonna be suspended... so i got screwed for around 600 bucks.. after spending like 1000 bucks getting the truck smog legal and 200 bucks in registration fees.. yup.. that sucked..

·
negative creep
8,651 Posts
*couple of parking tickets
*learned the hard way that the local wheeling spot was actually used for public water (good thing i pulled a stuck car out of a ditch and got on the rangers good side):angel
*chased out of beach parking lots with my chick (several times)
*$230 speeding ticket at Pismo(dunes):banghead
*warning given by bicycle cop for doing donuts in a dirt parking lot in Pismo (city)

·
Offical FSB Map Maker
3,033 Posts
I got a ticket in Virginia while in the Navy. I asked the cop if I could just send it in. He said yes and it would be about $38.00. So I send it in and get a thick envelope full of papers. Well I couldn't read half of it so I trash it. Well I get pulled over a few months later on my way back to the base from home. The cop walks back up to the car and says, "You driving previlage in Va. is suspended." I was shocked and went off. Told him the deal about the ticket. Well I had to go to court for this one. When I walked up in front of the judge he asked for an attorney and asked I knew just how serious trouble I was in. I asked if the court could appoint me one. The trooper begin to read the charges. A man standing behind the judge said, "You honor he is a military man." The just asked if this was true. He then told me the charge was suspended and I need to see the DMV rep to get everything straitened out before I left. Man talk about relieve. Well got that taken care of and then on my way home before deployment went through the same thing when crossing the TN/NC state line.:cry :cry :cry But all was taken care of.:D :D

·
Prettier Than You
862 Posts
I've gotten pulled over quite a few times and only once have I gotten a ticket, which was about a week after I got my license.

I just wasn't paying attention and made a left at a red light, right in front of a cop. She pulled me over, gave me a ticket but no points (thankfully!). I was driving my parents car and had just gotten my license, so I didn't tell them about it until after I had gone and paid the fine. Thought taking care of it myself would make them go light on me, but it didn't really.

The other times, I've run a red light and other stupid shit because I just wasn't paying attention. Never got tickets from any of those and I hate to say it, it was probably because I was a girl. The only cop who ever gave me a ticket was a woman, the ones I got away with were men. And I only had to cry once but that was to get out of something serious that would've killed my finances, my driving record, and made my parents go ballistic.

I will admite that we do have it easier as girls - which isn't fair, but I'm only biased when I get pulled over.

Been kicked out of a couple parking lots & other spots around town.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
uhhh i have 7 in the last 4 years while driving the bronco as my DD :thumbup I bought a little buzz bomb for daily driving now and i havent got a ticket in a year. WTF something about 39" tires on a huge ass bronco attractact attention :shrug

·
FSB's Resident A$$HOLE
2,644 Posts
ive had 5 in the last two and a half years. havent had one since last christmas, thank goodness

81 in a 40
51 in a 35
77 in a 60
parking
stop sign

all are off my record by means of probation, defensive driving, or a teen court program or a combination of those. they cost a lot of money too, i dont recommend getting them!! ive been pulled over close to 300 times though. almost all of those are for street racing, exhibition of speed, or watching street racing. our whole club would get pulled over, theyd tell us to leave and we would no questions asked

wes

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
Knock on wood, I have been driving for 8 yers now, and i have not had one speeding ticket, or one accident (on record that is)

·
College User
2,013 Posts
Got driving off of named or numbered roads ticket, no stop lamps ticket, written warning for speeding, and written warning for tag cover by object (clay). All on the same day, Aug 9th of this year, day after my birthday, so what a way to start the year. The first by a FWC Officer and the other three by a DEP officer. DEP officers suck, he wrote the wrong statute and didnt give my the correct info for what do do with my ticket or write a price in. So still in my truck.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i've been pulled over quite a few times, only had to pay 1 ticket, most of the time the cops just wanted to hassle me because i drive a red sports-car with a pretty loud exhaust, i even asked one time why i got pulled over and the lady said it was because my car (out of a large group) caught her eye the most, which is bullshit since i am a VERY defensive driver and never put anyone in danger on the road...

·
FSB warrior
6,118 Posts
Got a few storys... but I know this one thing I want to pass on... Dont EVER EVER say how fast you were going... seams the cops no matter what state jack that speed up. My sister said she was doing about 80 and the cop said he clocked her doing 91. She was not doing 91, I was in the car and looked at the speed just 30 or so seconds before the cops trap, and the car couldnt do 91 downhill, never mind the huge hill we were going up.

So a few weeks ago same thing happened. Lost track of speed cuz it was my first time driving an auto in like a month and looked down and said holy crap im goin 60 so I told the cop I was doing 60 he was like I clocked you at 65.

That was the only time I have gotten pulled over in...
a. My own vehicle
b. the cop didnt give me somewhat of a break for being military Like the time I had 35 minutes to go from Del Playa road Santa Barbra to VAFB dorms and was doing ONLY 88 when the cop caught me coming over the hill. He gave it to me for 80 cuz at 88 it would have been about 400 bucks he said (or my entire pay check!) Damn good thing he didnt catch me hit the limit in a 95 GMC 1500!

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,920 Posts
Kallure said:
And I only had to cry once but that was to get out of something serious that would've killed my finances, my driving record, and made my parents go ballistic.
Man, I cried and didn't get out of sh*t! I got a ticket for 73 in a 55 while driving my mom's El Camino. Got pulled over once in the '65 because he thought I was drunk and trying to hide from him. Made me get out of the truck and everything then he saw I wasn't drunk and told me to go home.

·
Registered
741 Posts
last thurs. I got pulled over for doing 66 in a 55 by a state cop but I got away with a warning, he also let me go on littering (buddy through cig. out the window) and not having my licence with me. I was lucky that night.:thumbup

1 - 15 of 15 Posts