Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be getting an 18ft utility trailer sometime in the next month or so and one of the key componets i'm looking for on the trailer is that it has brakes. So, now my question-- what's a good brake controller to get? I've heard that Tekonsha was a good brand, but i really don't know what to look for in a controller...

What kind does every one else use?

·
Only the Bronco
978 Posts
Use Tekonesha, they IMHO are the better ones than Reece,

A Reece will ramp up your tailer brakes depending on how long you have your foot on the brake, so you go from having no trailer brakes in the beginning to haveing full brakes within a few seconds, so for emergency stopping the reece is not good, also if you want to do some light braking for a little bit, when the trailer brakes ramp up they stay at full capacity, the tekonesha uses a pendulum inside to vary the amount of voltage going to the trailer brakes depending on the position of the pendulum so if you were in a emergency braking situation, the pendulum would be in full swing so it would instntly put your trailer brakes full on, and when holding the brake pedal down the braking force still varies depending on the pendulum position, not on how long the brake pedal has been on

1 - 4 of 4 Posts