Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

Trailer to tow my Bronco

7K views 61 replies 15 participants last post by  BroncoAZ 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok, not really a tech question, but I figured I’d ask here anyway. I search around and people have tried to use Uhaul and Penske trailers I guess, but that’s not legitimately an option due to trailer weight capacity. My rig from the factory was 6050 pounds I believe and I have to add maybe 500-600 lbs maybe for 35” tires, heavy duty steel bumpers, etc.

Has anyone tried a rental from Sunbelt or another equipment rental company? My pickup I just bought has the big tow package on it (13,500lb) so I’m not worried about that, just the trailer. I’d rather save the tire tread on long trips (and gas). My track width is like 82-84” give or take, so I’d need a 7’ wide trailer. I had no success looking for one so I may be out of luck here.

#57 ·
You'd never use a tow dolly, if you'd seen what I've seen. Dude looked like he was driving an articulating dumptruck, turning both ways at once. In KS, any trailer under 2k pounds requires no tag.

I believe the Transfer Cases that cant be flat towed are the New Process units, like 205s and 208s.not sure about the AWD np203. And also the BW4407, maybe, because it has a different lube system than the BW13 series. Either way, it's a good thing to check for.

#58 ·
I know all about HOA and stuff... It is why I will not be somewhere that has it today. I say that as also someone that has no children or anything else too, so opinion my change...
I still feel like a trailer is in your future. I had to fence in the back yard and add a gate to the place we used to rent at to have trailer there. Somehow the fence was a loop hole. I dont remember the details. Maybe there is something close to that you could do, to get one??
I now have 2 and use them both all the time, could not see being without them. No longer an issue at current house with any hoa or anything.

#59 ·
Yeah - I’ll get one one of these days. I’ll probably have to keep it at a friend’s house though, because I’m not gonna pay $80/mo to keep it at a storage facility. The way my house is situated on my lot, there isn’t a good way to have a gate into the back yard to store a trailer. Hell, my nazi HOA won’t even let me build a proper fence to “hide” it. I need to get back out to the country for land and fewer rules - the wife wanted this for schools and such for kids - so I get it sort of. I hate the rules though.

My Bronco is street legal and drives pretty well, so I can always drive it if it comes down to it.

#60 ·
Even if there's no HOA, be sure to read the ordinances wherever you decide to go... you might be surprised. I never even thought about it when we bought our trailer (24' enclosed car trailer) a few years ago, and even had it in our driveway for 4 months before I started getting nastygrams from the town. You'd never know by driving through town, 'cause everyone has stuff in their driveways/yards that's not allowed, but you can only park a trailer/rv/boat behind the front of the house. Our street is too narrow for me to turn the trailer in on the side of the house it would have to go on, so I pay for storage... :mad:

#61 ·
@MS88Bronc I think our wives are related...OR, they all are programmed the same way. I wanted to buy out in the boonies...mind you, our boonies in SoFL is not what you all would consider boonies.

BUT, the old “think about the children...good school district...etc.” occurred. I’m like what, children??? Schools???

Yup, here I am today. In an excellent school district....kids in college....and no boonies.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.