Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone ever wired the trailer hitch wiring "t"-Hoppy? for an 89 ford brono? looking for tips and help? where will the plug go?
cbronc

·
Banned
22,393 Posts
I have. It's low-budget, and the terminals can lose contact over time, which kills some or all of your taillights, but it's cheap & easy.

It's better to just solder in your own new wires & make them as long/short as you want. Primary wire & split loom aren't very expensive, & good to have around anyway, so pick up some good stuff from a parts/hardware store.

·
user title
2,211 Posts
Where can I find a wiring diagram for the bronco? I cannot find my Haynes.

I am in dire need to have my trailer lights working - I had no idea they did not work until today. Turns out some moron who did some work on my Bronco a few years ago cut my plug wires so it has not been working since.

:beer
Bill

EDIT: Found it http://www.marksrv.com/wiring.htm

·
Registered
161 Posts
Use a test light. That is how I do mine. And a test light is great when you hook up trailer lights becouse it lets you know if the wires are not working, it's the truck, or trailer, or bulb.

·
Past Bronco Owner
4,855 Posts
The proper tee adapter for the Bronco is the Hoppy model 40425. I bought the 40125 which is for the F150 but it is wired differently than the 40425. I will return the one I bought and just hard wire the 47185 4 to 7 adapter to the Beater.

www.trailerwiring.com

1 - 5 of 5 Posts