Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Lurker
617 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a mess of a trailer harness. I have about 7 wires, only 4 of which end up at the female adapter end. The others just end exposed. I think a previous owner really butchered it up. Really hard to explain, so look at these pics, maybe Fireguy can help me out.

IN the second pic, the 3 wires that go off behind the stool are yellow, blue and red. The yellow is label "battery feed", the red is labeled "trailer brake stoplamps" and the blue is not labeled. These three wires hook up the the 'main' harness separate from teh others.

·
Who needs oil anyways....
1,739 Posts
With a voltmeter and a ground you should be able to track which are turn signals, brake lights, backup lights, parking lights, maybe even electronic brake controls.

·
Registered
35 Posts
they have a adapter for a four flat wiring harness that you can pick up at any autoparts store for like 20 bucks and is really to put in. you unplug two things and plug the adapter right in and you are set the plugs are right above the ones you have in the pic and are right behind the bumber

·
Premium Member
7,399 Posts
:shocked Blue usually refers to a electric trailer brake controller. Of course thats assuming its set up to convention.

One of the wires will be the right turn signal, one will be left turn signals and one will be the running lights, and one will be ground, one will go to the trailer charging system which is probably what the "battery" feed is and should have an automtic breaker somewhere of about 20 or 30 amps. One of those 12 volt test lights using jumper wires with gator clips can be used to figure out the turn signals, brake lights etc. Just clip to the wire and turn on every thing one at a time until you decode the darn thing.

The remaining ones will probably be related to the trailer brake controller.

Was that clear as mud?

·
Registered
230 Posts
that might be the least of your worries... looks like your rearend fell out. :histerica

1 - 7 of 7 Posts