Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My dad's explorer decided to drain it's fluid while he was driving on the highway. It came out at the small vent where the bell housing mates to the engine block. (it was pooring out) So I've dropped the tranny. The torque convertor looks like new. I pulled the bell housing off to get to the foward pump seal. The pump looks great as do all of the seals. I went ahead and replaced the foward pump seal, but was wanting a second opinion before I put it all back together. Like I said, everything looks fine, so I'm unsure what the cause is.:shrug

By the way, it's an A4LD tranny off a 94 explorer 2 door 4WD 4.0L V-6.

·
aka: kemicalburns
7,796 Posts
could one of the tranny cooler lines have leaked. i would trace them down to make sure thats not the problem. if you check everything twice you will only have to do this once.

late

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No, it came from inside the trany. Thanks for the input though.

·
Sneaky Ba$tard
2,983 Posts
My wife's old 92 did this(don't know which tranny it had)

It turned out to a plugged up valve on the valve body and it was blowing the fluid out the rear seal. Had to have the seal replaced and fluid drained w/new filter. Don't know if this helps any.....

Fog

P.S.- It was shifting fine the whole time??? Just plugged up....

·
But what does mine say?
954 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That makes sense. I was thinking it had to do with too much pressure. I'll pull the valve body off while I have it out, and inspect for anything unusual. Thanks for the advice.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts