Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
can some one remind me which one goes where and so fourth, front tranny cooler line from tranny goes... and rear tranny cooler line from tranny goes.... thank you:duh

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
front tranny cooler line i believe goes in the left side of the bottom of the rad, and the rear cooler line i think goes in the left side of the tranny cooler, and right side bottom rad goes on right side of actual tranny cooler, this is looking from back of the bronk, does this sound right?

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
If I am not mistaken ? it does not matter ? You can not mess up anything ? It is not a directional cooler ?if I am wrong here people please correct me ? but I don't think I am

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
are you asking how to run a additional cooler ?
1 line from the transmission goes into the radiator transmission cooler
2nd radiator trans cooler line comes back out to 1 line of the after cooler
2nd after cooler line runs to the second transmission line back to the transmission
all that you are doing is placing an additional cooler in line to give you additional heat dispersal
I hope this helped

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no, i bought replacement lines after cracking one, and forgot how they were ran

edit:dunno if this tranny cooler is aftermarket or not, but its about 3" tall and 10" wide roughly mounted in front of the radiator

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
well like I said, you can not run it backwards or anything
all that the lines are doing is cooling the fluid. one runs in the other runs out. the cooler is not directional so it does not matter

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
if i am not even gonna use the radiator and just use the tranny cooler(aftermarket) should i clsoe off the radiator fittings? or does it matter?

·
Salt-Man
1,634 Posts
No you don't have to, but you can if you want? but I have never heard of one leaking any rad fluid from there, it would have to rot out and I don't see that happening, I think you would be better off running both of them myself. I have heard of people using A/C condenser coils as trans coolers. I would like to make one of those one day and put a electric fan on it. that would keep that baby cool!!!!:rockon

·
Registered
533 Posts
this is k.i.s.s keep it simple stupid. one flows in, and one flows out. ? it does not mater. one coming in, and one going out. simple. not being mean, but k.i.s.s. works for me.

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the help guys, got it back together and gonna drive it to work, i will finish up with the keeping the lines away from exhaust and what not, been almost 9 years since i double flared anything, wow i even had to google it to remember.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
if i am not even gonna use the radiator and just use the tranny cooler(aftermarket) should i clsoe off the radiator fittings? or does it matter?
Only to keep dirt out if you have plans on using it in the future. What I do is run a line from the trans to the radiator, from the radiator to the cooler, from the cooler back to the trans. This way gives you double the cooling and more tranny fluid.

thanks for the help guys, got it back together and gonna drive it to work, i will finish up with the keeping the lines away from exhaust and what not, been almost 9 years since i double flared anything, wow i even had to google it to remember.
Don't need a double flare on the tranny lines, there is little to no pressure on them.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts