Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My tranny cooler is located on the engine side of the radiator. Should it be moved? We are having overheating/fluid boiling over. I am asking because today we have to replace a cooler line that is bent almost 90 degrees and restricting flow.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
The trans cooler should be infront of everything ! It should br the first thing to get the cool air.

·
Registered
331 Posts
we have to replace a cooler line that is bent almost 90 degrees and restricting flow.
isnt that your problem right there? if it aint circulatin, its bound to overheat... but everyone Ive ever seen is in front of radiator...

·
Registered
157 Posts
It needs to be in front of the radiator. If you leave it behind the rad it will continue to not do very much. All the air on the backside of the rad is hot and it needs cool air to help your trans.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sorry i havent been online to reply. The cooler is between the radiator and the fan. There is enough clearance for it to be mounted. We purchased it a few months ago and didn't realize the mechanic that did all the work-including tranny rebuild wasn't very good. I just wanted to make sure on the location because it didn't seem right. We are rebuilding this weekend and want to do it the right way.

·
MARBLE GARGLER!
11,877 Posts
Seattle, That's the same cooler and same set-up that I got, I don't think towing a trailer uphill could build too much heat with that unit installed-

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This weekend will be moving my cooler so that it is no longer a tranny heater. I guess it would be a good spot if you lived in Antartica. My lines are rubber and metal that have been pieced together and will be replaced. Also putting new front pump seal on to get rid of the leak and buy some time before we have to rebuild.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts