Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
470 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the stock tranny cooler and I want to get a bigger one (must protect the E4OD). I was wondering.... do I need to replumb the truck with new lines (to and from the cooler to the tranny) or are the factory steel lines good enough? Thanks.

~AC

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
You'd have to make sure you got an aftermarket cooler that threaded in just like stock.

Othewise, it's no sin to cut the tubes and clamp on some transmission hose to connect them. that would leave you with a wider selection of coolers to choose from.

While you're already there, why not splurge $29.00 and plumb in a remote transmission filter too ? Saved me.

Sixlitre

·
Registered
137 Posts
While you're already there, why not splurge $29.00 and plumb in a remote transmission filter too ? Saved me.
Ya. Like he said. You're not going to have any cold weather problems so just run through the filter to the new cooler. With Pavement Princess moving to Oklahoma I have to valve both lines so in their winter the ATF will hit the radiator cooler.

Problem with this forum is lots of folks have really good ideas and I have a full shop. Still buying the stuff needed for mods and stashing it. By the time the truck gets inside we'll just jack up the radiator cap and replace everything underneath......................

1 - 4 of 4 Posts