Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:banghead

Ok fellers, iam feeling stupid here, but how do i tell what kind of tranny i have? It is an OD in a 88 Bronco Eddie B. I am going to put in a 351 and as i have learned here on this wonderful site i will need a puter from the same truck it came out of.....BUTTTTTTTTTTT :shrug i got the engine without the puter. So can yawl see the perdiciment iam in here. :banghead :banghead :banghead

Jeff

·
Premium Member
7,409 Posts
ok, since Ryan's chart won't show up, we'll do this the hard way...

Look at the transmission pan:

If it looks like the letter "P" then it's a c6

If it's a perfect square, it's a c4

If it says "automatic overdrive" then it's an AOD

and last but not least

If it's says "Metric" and is roughly the same size as Rhode Island, you're got an E40D

·
Registered
46 Posts
SIMPLE SLOUTION:
Go to www.netgearhead.com, look under the heading called "transmission info" on the left side, click on "technical information", click on "FORD", click on one or more of the transmission pictures you think you may have, and it will show you the pan shape and number of bolts which will ID your tranny.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Gearrat, no it doesn't have an OD button on the shifter. And thanks everyone for da tips, i'll get under and check it out today.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok fellers, got some more insite here thanks to Blue90, i have a 14 bolt AOD, now the question is by installing a 351 EFI in place of my 347 stroker, is there any computer problems with the trans?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts