Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
O.K. I know i am back and i searched for couldn't get it narrowed down.

Now first it is a 95 Bronco E4od and here is what it does.
When going up a steep hill it feels like a stick shift when you shift from 2nd to 5th gear just shutters take my foot off the gas and reapply it it shifts into 3rd no problem and works fine.
I also have a popping when accelerating from a stop (red light) and tonight it started shifting firmer?

I am assuming i maybe due for a rebuild (the trans was replaced at one point) any info would help also it has around 170.000 miles.

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Try pulling codes first. They may give you some clues as to what's really going on.

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No CEL (lights up when it is powered on) it almost seems like something is out of adjustment checked fuses (all good) and fluid (nice dirty pink and full) it is not hunting or slipping but first to second gear is a hard shift almost like the TV cable went out but I know i do not have one of those so I am lost??? Also no blinking O/D light either. Could a faulty TPS cause this?

·
~*~*~*~*~*~*~
10,066 Posts
You don't need a CEL to have codes. Pull your codes, report back.

What size tires are you running? Have you checked fuel pressure? When was the last tune up? How does it idle?

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You don't need a CEL to have codes. Pull your codes, report back.

What size tires are you running? Have you checked fuel pressure? When was the last tune up? How does it idle?
UGH... LMAO tires are 235/75 15s, tune up was done less then a month ago plugs wires cap and rotor planning on doing the fuel filter this week. Idle is nice and smooth no miss firing or rough idle. It is a little hard starting less then 30 seconds but I figured that is normal for a truck closing on 20 years old. When I go from a stop it would feel like it lost all power (press the gas pedal and it wouldn't go) for about a second then it would go kinda like the throttle wasn't opening..

·
penis
3,320 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well i know that LOL I maybe posting in the NOOB section but i have some common since not a lot but some. would fuel pressure cause the firm shift???

·
Satyr of the Midwest
17,736 Posts
Indirectly. Incorrect fuel pressure can cause the driver to use the throttle irrationally. Since most of the shift scheduling is programmed around TP and VS signals, you'd be likely to experience some weirdness.

Cranking for 30 seconds is a sure way to a dead starter. It shouldn't even take three seconds to fire. Something is definitely wrong. Pull your codes.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts