Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a '91 with a 302 and an E4OD. I am installing a remote filter and a cooler. I have searched and read my Haynes manual but can not figure out which line is which. Does anyone know which line going into the radiator is in from the tranny? Where in the lines should I put the filter and cooler? I thought I would keep the stock radiator cooler as well. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
Col. Tom said:
I have a '91 with a 302 and an E4OD. I am installing a remote filter and a cooler. I have searched and read my Haynes manual but can not figure out which line is which. Does anyone know which line going into the radiator is in from the tranny? Where in the lines should I put the filter and cooler? I thought I would keep the stock radiator cooler as well. Any help would be appreciated.
SIX, where are you, hes the master of tranny cooler, or should I say the "spokesman"

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
I know ont he E4OD the bottom line is the return line and that is what i plumbed my cooler into and will plum my remote filter into as well.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So if I go from the bottom connection on the radiator to the aftermarker cooler, then the cooler to the remote oil filter, then back to the line from the bottom of the radiator? The sensor for the temp gauge is on the remote oil filter, does it make any difference if it is before or after the coolers?

·
green ones make me horny
11,136 Posts
Col. Tom said:
So if I go from the bottom connection on the radiator to the aftermarker cooler, then the cooler to the remote oil filter, then back to the line from the bottom of the radiator? The sensor for the temp gauge is on the remote oil filter, does it make any difference if it is before or after the coolers?

if you search this has been discussed by me and six. as i am his tranny add on protoge of sorts...lol

basically it goes from the bottom line to the cooler, cooler to remote filter. remote filter back to bottom line of radiator. that way if you have gunk in your cooler or radiator the remote filter will catch it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thaks. I did search and found great info, even pictures, but no mention of what line to break into. The bottom line makes sense as it will be easier to route the additional lines needed to the cooler and filter. Thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts