Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, '78 Bronco, '68 429 and the stock '78 C6 tranny. L&L motor mounts.

Dad says the factory tranny linkage won't line up, and he got some off another truck and said it didn't work either. Said it wouldn't line up cause the engine pushed the tranny back too far??

I'm recovering from my kidney transplant so I haven't been down there with him, so I don't know exactly what's going on.

Is there some bit of information I missed somewhere when I was researching this project?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
585 Posts
I have a '72 429 w/L&L mounts, C-6, etc. I made no mods to the linkage or anything else. The motor dropped right in like it was made for it :santa . I've heard stories about having to having to modify the holes in the frame towers & scooting the tranny back a little, but not about the linkage. I would tell him to try opening the holes on the frame towers. This has been the most common mod. Sorry, guess I just got real lucky. I believe the mounts had a page in the box telling about this possible mod.

·
press ALT+F4
4,281 Posts
I had to adjust my linkage a lot to reach. A little bending and tweaking got it to fit. The kickdown rod is another story. It ain't even close. I've got one off a 460, but my motor's modified enough so a OEM kd rod won't work. I don't really want that feature, and I'm happy running without it. No surprises in the rocks that way.

·
Registered
506 Posts
B&M makes a Megashifter with a tall base for a truck :toothless

·
Sway Is My Fan Club.
11,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
badblack88 said:
B&M makes a Megashifter with a tall base for a truck :toothless

Yeah, I know. After I posted this me and my dad talked about a floor shifter, then I started a thread in the Picture Post forum asking for pics. :toothless

·
Registered
506 Posts
oops my bad I see that now.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts