Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I've seemed to run into two bamboozling problems. For one, there is this wire thats been hanging around in my engine compartment for a good long while that isn't connected to anything at the moment. I have no CEL on but I'm wondering if you guys can point me in the direction of where to look to attach it. I know its in a cable sleeve attached to a harness but there doesn't seem to be a hole for it there? Can anyone please tell me what the harness does anyways so I can see if its something important or not? Heres some pics of it:

Also, I have been having an issue with some serious driveline clunkage. I had been chasing all the mounts and nuts and bolts under the truck when I put it on our car lift today, and I found that the two transmission mount bolts were barely finger tight. I had tightened them up before to try to stop the clunking, but they seemed to have loosened. This time I cranked on it with a 4ft breaker bar and put some red loctite on em, and I took it out for a spirited drive with some jackrabbit starts to see if it would start clunking again. Soon enough, after the 3rd or 4th start, it started to clunk again, and I think its working its way loose. Do you guys think some worn engine mounts or something could be causing the tranny mounts to work their way loose? It doesn't make any sense for two small bolts to hold the entire assembly from slipping backwards and forwards. Like I said I briefly checked all the mounts and nuts and bolts and those two were the only ones loose, I'm wondering if you guys have run into this problem before, here are some pics of what I'm talking about:

As you can see there are some scuff marks there where its made the metal shiny where it keeps sliding back and forth. Any opinions on what to do? Thanks in advance for all the help!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.