Bronco Forum - Full Size Ford Bronco Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I have had a fun day wheeling at Windrock and when I went to leave the Bronco didn't want to change gears. It stayed in first until I was coasting down a hill and then it jumped to OD. Is there anything I can do or is it shot? It's a 1990 with AOD. :cry :whiteflag :shocked

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
More maintenance info needed;

When ATF and internal filter was changed last? Where's the ATF level on the stick ? How does it smell? Is there any ATF in your coolant ?

What size cooler is on it now ?

We demand mo' info in order to help ya:toothless

Sixlitre

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sixlitre said:
More maintenance info needed;

When ATF and internal filter was changed last? Where's the ATF level on the stick ? How does it smell? Is there any ATF in your coolant ?

What size cooler is on it now ?

We demand mo' info in order to help ya:toothless

Sixlitre
AOD was rebuilt 2 years ago. No filter change since. Only driven about 7k miles. Level and smell of ATF is normal. No visible ATF in coolant.
Cooler is stock size.

Engine did overheat as I finished a trail. I let it cool then rode down the hill. Stock temp gauge never read hot. ( I know the stock one sux) Thanx

·
Practicing Infidel
15,299 Posts
Like brother collinsperformance asked

"what's it doing now?" After you got down the hill was it loaded onto a trailer or did you drive it some more. What's happening now as it up and downshifts ?

How steep was the hill ? could you have starved the pickup (internal filter) of ATF down the hill ?

Sixlitre

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys. Took to tranny shop and they have to take it apart. Anyone ever use the wide ratio gear set for the AOD?
It's supposed to make my 4:10 gears seem like 4:85 in first gear. Is it good to use?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.